Thursday, July 2, 2009

Music is My Muse

At one time, I thought it was a little strange that I created soundtracks to go along with the things I wrote. However, as Stephenie Meyer's website has shown me, I'm not as odd as I once believed. Many authors create playlists to go long with thier books. And I'm one of them.

So, just for kicks nd giggles, I'm going to post my soundtrack for The DUFF here. Some of the songs have changed since the book was finished. Some have been rearranged. But I'm really fond of my current list, and I hope that you'll look up some of the songs and artists if you've never heard of them.

So here's the soundtrack!



1. “Shot To Pieces” by Skye Sweetnam
2. “Everything is Alright” by Motion City Soundtrack
3. “Dirty Sunshine” by Lillix
4. “Take Me Away” by Avril Lavigne
5. “Push” by Matchbox 20
6. “I Can’t Stay Away” by The Veronicas
7. “Easier To Run” by Linkin Park
8. “Breathing” by Yellowcard
9. “Bruised” by Jack’s Mannequin
10. “Swing, Swing” by The All-American Rejects
11. “The Way I Loved You” by Taylor Swift
12. “My Life Would Suck Without You” by Kelly Clarkson



As I've said before, many times, "I Can't Stay Away" really inspired the majority of the plot. I don't think I could have ever come up with this story without hearing that song, so it will forever be one of my favorites.

Another interesting fact is that the final song on the list has changed three times. Originally, the lst song was "Consider This" by Anna Nalick. Later, it became "Sleep On It" by Saving Jane. But two months ago, I heard "My Life Would Suck Without You" on the radio, and I just knew it HAD to be on this list. It fit my view of the characters so well, and it's just such a fun song!

So, yeah. Music plays a big role in inspiring my writing.

So, I guess that's it for today, guys. When I finalize my A Midsummer's Nightmare soundtrack, I'll be sure to post it. Because lets just face it! Soundtracks are fun!

6 comments:

MeganRebekah said...

I've always wished I was more musically inclined. I like music, I listen to my radio and Ipod often, I go to concerts and have fun. But I've never gone past that superficial enjoyment. I keep hoping for that day when a song speaks to me on a deeper level.

Now books on the other hand... those are my true love!

Horserider said...

I wish I could have a playlist for my books. I just have the playlist that I open up, put on shuffle, and if a song doesn't fit the scene, I skip it. :)

Leah Michelle said...

You are definitely not alone with that, Kody. I have to listen to something when I write. Most times I won't be looking for the song to fit a mood, but I'll hear the words and think, "Oh! This would be perfect for this scene!"
Then I add it to the list lol

Sarah said...

lol your playlist is so happy! Love it!

suzie said...

Love the playlist! "I Can't Stay" is such a great song :)

Altha Fidia Oktora said...


I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Slimming Capsule Alami
Obat Penyakit TBC Tulang Terbaik
Jual Obat Diet Dengan Cepat Dan Aman
Nutrisi Penurun Berat Badan
Suplemen Menurunkan Berat Badan
Obat Peninggi Badan Anak
Cream Alami Memutihkan Kulit Wajah
Obat Insomnia Berat
Obat Herbal Radang Sendi
Suplemen Untuk Mata