Monday, October 5, 2009

Best Covers

Unlike most writers, I've never been one to sit and imagine the intricate details of the cover I would like. In fact, I have absolutely no clue what I want to see on the cover of The DUFF. But needless to say, a million people have asked. I have vague ideas of what I don't want, but nothing specific. I can't wait to see what Poppy comes up with.


But the thought of covers has made me start thinking about some of my favorite covers. The covers that always struck me as amazing. So here they are. My top 5 favorite covers of YA novels, for your viewing pleasure.

In no particular order:


SPEAK

Laurie Halse Anderson

This cover is beautiful. It represents the book without being tacky or flashy. Its deep and meaningful, even on the surface. It's amazing.



DREAMLAND

Sarah Dessen

This cover is simple and beautiful at the same time. I love how it shows so little and yet conveys so much at the same time.




ECLIPSE

Stephenie Meyer

I'm not the biggest fan of the Twilight Sage -- I mean, I like them, but I'm not a screaming fangirl (sorry to disappoint). However, I absolutely LOVE this cover. It is so beautiful and the fraying ribbon ties into the book so well. It's beautiful. I adore this one.


SOME GIRLS ARE

Courtney Summers

I haven't actually read this book yet because, you know, it isn't quite OUT yet, but the cover is awesome. This is the kind of cover I'd pick up right off the shelf. It makes me want to read it even more. *glares at calendar* Grrr....





WINTERGIRLS

Laurie Halse Anderson

This woman was just blessed by the Cover Gods, wasn't she? This cover is haunting, especially if you've read the book. It's definitely one of the best I've ever seen.

So those are my favorites! Tell me some of yours!

8 comments:

Emilia said...

I actually like Cracked Up to Be's cover just as much as - or maybe even more than - Some Girls Are's. It's just so bright and GREEN and awesome. *squeal*

Others...
The covers of the Uglies series, esp. Specials. Totally cool.
If I Stay - so simple yet so gorgeous.
Jellicoe Road - something about that red flower is so endearing.

Becca Cooper said...

The only book I've read from that list is Dreamland, and that was a good four or five years ago, but I recognized the cover straight off. Guess it made an impression. =D

Karen Denise said...

I happen to love covers that do not feature people, or if they have people, they are not in focus like the Wicked Lovely series. I really liked the cover of Need, the graceful neck with the glittered lips was beautful, even if I didn't really care for the book. Like you, I thought the Eclipse cover and actually all of the Twilight Saga covers were beautiful.

Joanna said...

This is tough--I've been talking covers lately. I love, love the cover of SHIVER...it's just gorgeous. And STARGAZER by Claudia Gray is so simple, but somehow it stands out and catches my eye immediately. And I'm not just saying this because you reviewed them, but CRACKED UP TO BE and LIVING DEAD GIRL (both the hardcover version and the paperback) are fantastic.
Has anyone seen the cover of FAIRYTALE too? Now THAT is an eye catching cover...wow...I'm starting to see a trend in my taste!

Kody Mekell Keplinger said...

Oh!!! I agree with STARGAZER. I've picked that one up a few times. Haven't seen the one for FAIRYTALE, though. I'll have to check it out. :)

Hannah said...

*gushes about the cover for HUSH HUSH again* :D

Michele said...

You can do it if you have willingness, commitment, focus, determined, skills to type especially, and ability to follow instructions. Criminal psychology is a challenging field dealing with the behaviour pattern of criminals. Always keep in mind that companies conduct background checks and that they are very firm in their policies against people who put wrong info in their resumes.

Altha Fidia Oktora said...



I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat BAB Keras Untuk Anak
Obat Perawatan Rambut Kulit Dan Kuku
Obat Gangguan Fungsi Ginjal Pada Pria
Obat Pencegah Paru-Paru Basah
Teh Untuk Pengobatan
Obat Untuk Meningkatkan Stamina
Cara Meningkatkan Konsentrasi
Kapsul Mengatasi Kemandulan
Kapsul Penambah Stamina Pria
Obat Penyakit Miom Herbal