Friday, November 13, 2009

Audio, NaNo, and Lady Gaga!

So, big news! Audio rights for The DUFF just sold to Brilliance audio! Woot! As some of you may know, I'm legally blind, and I'm a HUGE fan of audio books. So this is a very, very big and important deal to me. So excited!

Also, NaNo update of the day:
Total: 24,000 words (give or take a hundred or so)
Goal for Today: 30,000 (I'm a masochist, clearly...)
Weekend goal: 40,000 words

And - also - I'm LOVING this NaNo. It's the most painful writing experience I've ever had because it is so far out of my comfort zone - and believe me, I'll be so relieved to write another quirky comedy once Goldfish is done. I love writing dark, but I think comedy is my comfort zone. Leaving the comfort zone every once in a while is good, though.

And, so far, everyone who's seen bits and peices of the WIP really like it. Yay! I"m hoping my NaNo is a real winner. We'll see how it looks at the end of November, I guess!

But, as far as plans for the future, I"m totally returning to romance after this. Not just because I love the genre and because it's my comfort zone, but because of this song.



Yes. THIS song. I'm obsessed. (Thank you Hannah Moskowitz and Courtney Summers, this is all YOUR faults.) The song totally reminds me of something I"d write about, and 'm getting that gut feeling I got the first time I heard "I Can't Stay Away," which, as you know, led to The DUFF.

So, whatever comes next, expect to see Bad Romance on the playlist.

I LOVE YOU LADY GAGA!!!

Seriously, guys, it must be some twisted rule. A LOT of her songs fit my books. Like, "Just Dance," "Love Game," and "Boys, Boys, Boys" all fit my second novel, A MIDSUMMER'S NIGHTMARE perfectly. Really, think "Bad Romance" could kind of work into The DUFF if I wanted, but I think I'm going to use it as inpiration for another project - it is epic enough for this.

As far as Goldfish....sadly, I don't think any Gaga will make that playlist.

However, I do have a theme song for Goldfish. Right now, "The Places You Have Come to Fear The Most" by Dashboard Confessional is the main theme, but the rough playlist features Skillet, Flyleaf, Sarah McLachlan, and Paramore, among others.


Okay. That's it for today, kids! Hope your NaNos are going well!

9 comments:

Dee said...

Good lord... you are a writing machine!

Amber said...

Are you seriously, like, legally blind, as in you can't see absolutely anything???

Confused...

Becca Cooper said...

My cousins just showed me that song!! *is also in love with it* =D

Kody Keplinger said...

Amber - Legally blind doesn't mean completely blind. In fact, only 10percent of people classified as "blind" see "absolutely nothng." The seeing only blackness thing is just how the media represents us, but that isn't quite the reality. Also, we don't all have dogs. lol. So I do have some vision, but I am very much legally blind.

Emilia Joyce Plater said...

AY! Don't forget the absolutely incredible Bad Romance *video*. That thing changed my life, though I guess it's a bit risque. :D

Cassandra said...

Congrats on the audio book - looks like The Duff is ready to take the world by storm!

dirtywhitecandy said...

I use soundtracks for my novels too! I build up whole playlists and take them with me when I'm driving or running, so I can keep the novel in my head when I'm doing something more boring. Congratulations on your NaNo count, that's really impressive.

inkspatters said...

Congrats on the audio rights and the wordcount goals! Surprisingly I'm on the exact same wordcount for NaNo as you are right now.But my word count goals are WAY less ambitious than yours.

And that song is awesome :D

Altha Fidia Oktora said...


I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Untuk Atasi Kemandulan
Krim Jerawat
Obat Sakit Tenggorokan
Obat pembersih Rahim Kotor
Cara Mengatasi Gigi Berlubang
Obat Sakit Payudara Bengkak
Cara Menghilangkan Kejang Perut
Obat Herbal Kanker Otak Terbaik
Obat Herbal Bronkitis Kronis
Kopi Yang Sehat Bagi Jantung