Sunday, November 1, 2009

I Feel Violated...But in a Good Way

I knew things were going to be crazy from the minute the oddly dressed young woman took out her lipstick and drew a V on my forehead.

I asked, "What's on my head?"

She said, "V. For virgin, darling." And walked away.

My roommate, our friend, and I walked into the lecture hall, all wearing the same red V. We found seats together midway up the room. Dance music was playing. Girls clad in lingerie and boys wearing....well, also lingerie, were encouraging everyone to stand on the desk and dance. Being that the desks are super narrow, I thought that might not be a good idea, so I stood on my chair instead. We all danced in the dark room, waiting for the show to start.

Then the announcer came in and read us the rules.

"What happens at Rocky Horror, stays at Rocky Horror."

Among many others...all at varying degrees of sexual vulgarity.

For this reason, I cannot give you the true details of my experience, but I can tell you that I had the most insane Halloween of my LIFE

I have never seen the movie Rocky Horror Picture Show. I feel like I should, now. Because they played the movie last night, but they did a show along with it, commentating on the film and dancing and singing (and changing words to) the music.

Always, always, always in lingerie and underwear.

I am truly in college now. This is something I have NEVER witnessed before in my life.

And, at first, it was scary. It was uncomfortable.

By the end, though, it. was. brilliant!

The dancers and actors looked like they had the time of their lives. I really think I want to participate in some way next year. (Rocky Horror is a tradition at our college.) It was an experience of a life time. Definitely one of the most strange Halloweens I've ever had.

I left the lecture hall feeling distinctly violated....but in a good way.

Now....let me get this strangeness out of my mind so I can start my NaNo!

8 comments:

Becca Cooper said...

Bahaha! Oh dear. I have to see that! And yet, I'm afraid... XD

Tere Kirkland said...

Lucky! Sounds like you had the perfect first Rocky Horror experience.

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Hahaha I remember doing that at Cornell, they probably had their show last night too just a little bit away from you. Did you have to participate? The first time I went I had to get up with a group of girls and kiss the actor playing Brad...I found a way out of it, but I won't go into details...

Josin L. McQuein said...

Rocky Horror is a tradition at EVERY college ;-)

Loretta Nyhan said...

Oh, man, college was fun! Thanks for bringing back memories...

choco (In Which a Girl Reads) said...

LOL! College sounds...interesting :)

Joanna said...

Oh, I remember Rocky Horror at Bing...!

Sounds like it was a lot of fun, Kody!

Altha Fidia Oktora said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat BAB Keras Untuk Anak
Obat Perawatan Rambut Kulit Dan Kuku
Obat Gangguan Fungsi Ginjal Pada Pria
Obat Pencegah Paru-Paru Basah
Teh Untuk Pengobatan
Obat Untuk Meningkatkan Stamina
Cara Meningkatkan Konsentrasi
Kapsul Mengatasi Kemandulan
Kapsul Penambah Stamina Pria
Obat Penyakit Miom Herbal