Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 - A Year of Awesome

Wow, guys, this has been one hell of a year!

To recap . . .

January 6, 2009 - Began work on a project called The Duff
Mid March, 2009 - Finished revising The Duff and prepared to query.
May 12, 2009 - Got my first call from the lovely Joanna. Woot! I got an agent!
Late May, 2009 - I graduated from high school!
Early June, 2009 - Began work on A Midsummer's Nightmare
June 30, 2009 - The Duff sold at auction to Little Brown/Poppy!
Mid July, 2009 - I finished A Midsummer's Nightmare's first draft.
August 24, 2009 - Started college up in New York!
November 1, 2009 - Started writing Goldfish.
November 9, 2009 - Movie option for The Duff and audio rights sold!
December 30 - Finished Goldfish's first draft

So that's been my year in review. Life changes AND career changes! And THREE novels! 2009 was a pretty great year for me, especially considering how icky 2008 ... and a lot of my high school experience was.

But what about 2010? Well, boy, I HOPE it's just as awesome! My book will be out next Fall, so that is something to look forward to. And maybe I"ll even write 3 more books next year! That would be great. I just have SO many dreams and so much time.

So what were your 2009 highlights? Any plans for the new decade?

13 comments:

Kaitlin Ward said...

2009: the year of Kody
:)
I'm proud of you, and happy for you, and I hope your 2010 is just as great!

Melissa Rogerson said...

Congrats Kody. I love your blog. Best of luck for 2010 - can't wait to read The Duff!

Melissa said...

so proud of you! well done...2010 will be even better! I love your blog, and I can't wait for The Duff! :)

Kristin Miller said...

My 2009 highlights included YOU! 2010 is going to rock, my babydoll. :D

Amna said...

Thats a great 2009

May 2010 be even better!

choco (In Which a Girl Reads) said...

Wow, that is an AMAZING year!

Happy New years :)

ElanaJ said...

Wow, what a fabulous year! I just know 2010 holds fantastic things for you. Fan-freaking-tastic.

Kirsten Hubbard said...

that's my girl. proud to be your pubtwin! if I write half as many books as you do, I'll be happy :)

Kristin said...

...So all in all, a decent year. :P ;)

I'm so proud of you, you don't even know. I CANNOT WAIT FOR YOUR BOOK LAUNCH!

Stephanie Jenkins said...

Congrats Kody! Hoping 2010 is just as amazing!

Emilia Joyce Plater said...

Whooooo! That is one rockin' year. NYC book launch YES.

Michelle Schusterman said...

Killer year, and 2010 will be even better!

Altha Fidia Oktora said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Vitamin Untuk Kecerdasan Anak
Obat Pengencang Payudara Tanpa Efek Samping
Vitamin Penambah Stamina Pria
Obat Herbal Penyubur Sperma
Suplemen Untuk Tulang
Cara Mengatasi Kemandulan Untuk Pria Dan Wanita
Suplemen Penurun Berat Badan Tanpa Efek
Cara Mengatasi Kemandulan
Obat Pelancar Peredaran Darah
Cream Jerawat Herbal Alami