Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Road Trip Wednesday: For the Love of Ron

So, this is my first RTW with the YA Highway lovelies. I could not resist the topic, even though I SHOULD be doing my homework.

Today's topic - crushes in books.

Since I rambled about Mr. Darcy in my Vlog, I decided to take this in a new direction. My first EVER book crush.

I love you, Ron Weasley!!!

Here is a nice list of WHY I loved Ron.

1. Super realistic character. Could definitely imagine him being real.
2. Totally flawed. Nothing about Mr. Ronikins was perfect. He made huge mistakes and did stupid stuff, but I was okay with that. Real people mess up, too, even wizards.
3. Tall. I have a thing for tall boys, and JK Rowling made it clear that Ron was TALL.
4. Rupert Grint. Need I say more?
5. The fact is, I AM HERMIONE. LIke, really. I had the bushy hair and the annoying, over active participation in class, and the constant "we might get in trouble!" mentality. I knew Ron and Hermione were destined for each other since Chamber of Secrets. So, naturally, I fell for Ron as the real Hermione would.

So, yeah. Ron Weasley was my first book crush. I was 10. He was 11. It worked.

So that's my crush of the day! Happy Wednesday, kids!

And who are your lit crushes?

13 comments:

Amanda Hannah said...

LOL Love it! And your new profile pic is gorgeous!

Kaitlin Ward said...

Ahh, Ron. I was never in love with him, but I see his appeal for sure. He was one of my faves.

Emilia Joyce Plater said...

"I was 10. He was 11. It worked." So, so great. I didn't buy the RonxHermione thing until Deathly Hallows, when Hermione was all cut up for him - then I saw the light. Still, I'm a Lee Jordan girl. :D

Kristin Miller said...

Lol, you're so cute. I won't tell you what I really thought of Ron . . . but I will say that I'd hoped Hermoine had ended up with Victor Krum. For reals! :D

Chanelley said...

Ron's so cute, but I was a Draco girl myself!

Leah Michelle said...

Ron was it! I adored him! Of course, to counter the good, I had to have a baddie and that was Draco :) Those were my men

Joanna said...

Kody--you know my heart belongs to Fred and George. If I could have both of them, and NOT be considered a perv, I would.

Ron's cute too. :)

But my first book crush was definitely Peter Pan. I wonder what that means from a psychological standpoint? According to Disney, he's also a red head. Hmmmmm...

Kody Keplinger said...

Kristin - We can't be friends anymore. Anyone who isn't a fan of Ron is CLEARLY evil!!!! Lol.

Amanda - Thank you!

Joanna - You are the first person I have EVER heard say they had a crush on Peter Pan. Hahaha! But on F and G - I agree. I liked George better, though. Very strange.

La-La-La-Laurie said...

I liked George better too ;)

Bee said...

I was all over Cedric and I cried buckets when he died :(

Loretta Nyhan said...

My youngest son looks just like a younger version of Rupert Grint, so much that when we went to the big hoopla in Oak Park for book 7, he was called up to stand with the actors playing Mr. & Mrs. Weasely. So no Weasely crush for me!

I'm a Sirius Black girl, myself.

My latest crush is Kolya from City of Thieves. Now that's a hunka man!

Julie said...

I. LOVE. RON. With all my heart.
And this is the second time in your life that you will hear this: I had a crush on Peter Pan when I was little, too! It's always been my favorite story. :)

Altha Fidia Oktora said...


I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Untuk Atasi Kemandulan
Krim Jerawat
Obat Sakit Tenggorokan
Obat pembersih Rahim Kotor
Cara Mengatasi Gigi Berlubang
Obat Sakit Payudara Bengkak
Cara Menghilangkan Kejang Perut
Obat Herbal Kanker Otak Terbaik
Obat Herbal Bronkitis Kronis
Kopi Yang Sehat Bagi Jantung