Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Road Trip Wednesday: Questions of the Year!

So for this week's RTW, we're answering 3 questions, and asking you to join us and do the same! So let's get down to it, and then you share your answers with me!

1. What are the 3 best books you've read this year?

Oh, wows! Tough one, dude. But my list probably goes:
1. Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers (out next month! Hehehe)
2. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
3. Handcuffs by Bethany Griffin.

But, of course, I've read many, many other good ones. If I could make a longer list, Cracked Up to Be by Courtney Summers, Ash by Malinda Lo, The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson, and Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan, among many others, would appear.


2. If you could meet any author (alive or dead) who would it be?

Way easy. J. K. Rowling. That woman is so amazingly brilliant. She plots like no other, and I want a peek into her brain - oh, and to just be her BFF.


3. What book are you looking most forward to in 2010?

Tough choice. So many great 10ers books, and then new books by estabolished writers. Hm....

I think I'm probably looking most forward to a book called Jane by April Lindner. It's coming out through Poppy, and my editor was telling me about it this summer. Jane is a debut, and it's a modern retelling of Jane Eyre, where Jane is a college dropout-turned-nanny for a famous rockstar. So, yeah, I think that sounds pretty wicked, as a HUGE fan of modern adaptations.


What about you? Can you answer these three questions? I'm urous to see what you'll say!

11 comments:

Amanda Hannah said...

That book sounds awesome. I'll have to keep an eye out for it!

Kaitlin Ward said...

JK Rowling would be an awesome BFF. That modern retelling of Jane Eyre sound wicked cool, actually. I'll have to look for that too!

Michelle Schusterman said...

Ooh - Jane sounds fantastic. Will also be checking that out.

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Jane sound very cool-I'll check it out.

And I would love to meet J.K. Rowling too-she's amazing and I wouldn't mind having her as my BFF either.

Anonymous said...

This year's favorite read? My vote goes to The Hunger Games

Amna said...

Jane sounds really good!

And you also have the, best friends with J.K Rowling dream too? Lol

Monica said...

Oh! Such a tough choice, but hmmm, this year's favorite reads are probably:

1. The Hunger Games (And Catching Fire too--can I count these as one?).

2. Graceling (And Fire)

3. Gah! I'm having a hard time with my third choice. Maybe, The Forest of Hands and Teeth.

Kody Keplinger said...

Monica - OMG! LOVE LOVE LOVE Forest of Hands and Teeth!!! The sequel is out next year, and I"M STOKED!!

jessica-shea said...

Ooh, fun questions! I think I'd have to go with Catching Fire, The Boyfriend List, and Leviathan. But Forest of Hands & Teeth and Cracked Up to Be are on my top 10 for sure. And I'd love to meet Laurie Halse Anderson.

Jane sounds amazing!

kanishk said...

I'll have to keep an eye out for it!

How to make a website

Altha Fidia Oktora said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Vitamin Untuk Kecerdasan Anak
Obat Pengencang Payudara Tanpa Efek Samping
Vitamin Penambah Stamina Pria
Obat Herbal Penyubur Sperma
Suplemen Untuk Tulang
Cara Mengatasi Kemandulan Untuk Pria Dan Wanita
Suplemen Penurun Berat Badan Tanpa Efek
Cara Mengatasi Kemandulan
Obat Pelancar Peredaran Darah
Cream Jerawat Herbal Alami