Saturday, February 13, 2010

So I Finally Did It

It's true. I think I was one of the very last remaining people who hadn't read THE HUNGER GAMES.

I mean, I had heard it was "amazing", "epic", and "spectacular", but my interest just wasn't that piqued. I promised my friends I'd read it eventually, but I wasn't really in much of a rush. But as more and more people learned I hadn't read THE HUNGER GAMES or it's sequel, CATCHING FIRE, I started to get into trouble.

You know it's bad when you're agent reaches across the table at dinner and slaps your arm, glaring at you with disbelief.

Even, then, though, I didn't read it.

But no worries, friends. None at all. I have read it now.

Both of them.

You can attribute this change largely to agent Suzie Townsend, actually. She was having a Team Peeta/Team Gale argument with some of my other Twitter Friends, and when I mentioned I still - STILL - hadn't read them, she told me to hurry up! Wanting to be a part of the discussion (and not wanting MY agent to scold me again) I went ahead and found BOTH books on audio.

Yes, audio. Best way to read, kids. Best way.

I started reading HUNGER GAMES on Thursday night. I finished it on Friday night. Immediately, I started CATCHING FIRE. I finished it this (Saturday) morning. So, basically, I read both nearly 400 page books (almost 800 pages of awesome!!) in less than 36 hours.

OH, yeah. And I'm not a loser. I DID go out and hang out with friends Friday, too! So it wasn't me locked in my room with Katniss and Peeta and Gale all night. Nope. I lived AND read.

Again, audio. Audio rocks.

And yes. I LOVED IT. So much. So F***ING much!!! But damn it. I have to wait until AUGUST for MOCKINGJAY??? Really? Meanies. Why didn't I just wait until then to START reading these books??

But yeah. Point is. I have been converted. LOVING this series. LOVING Suzanne Collins. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

And... for the record ... Team Gale. :-P

Don't hate me Peeta-fans!!! I love him, too. It's a hard choice. I have reasons for Gale, though. Ones I won't share for spoiler purposes, but I have reasons. But I do love my Peeta - even if I don't approve of his name. *sigh*

19 comments:

M.J. Horton said...

I totally STILL have not read Hunger Games and it's sitting right next to my bed. As we speak.

Mireyah Wolfe said...

I actually have yet to read them--please don't hit me--but I *do* have them ordered through my library, for the exact reason of everyone going all mushy over the books. LOL

choco (In Which a Girl Reads) said...

Yay! I'm glad you love Hunger Games, one of my favorite series ever. I can't wait for Mockingjay either.

And...*hits commenters above me* WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVEN'T READ THEM?

:)

suzie townsend said...

YAY!!!!!!! I love that you read it. AND I LOVE THAT YOU'RE TEAM GALE!!!!!!

Rachel Simon said...

I'm sorry but I have to be THAT commenter...

TEAM PEETA!!!

(I am glad you enjoyed the books, Kody. And I also can't wait for Mockingjay!)

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I haven't read them either. I do own them as of last week. I just haven't read them. Maybe next week.

Joanna said...

FINALLY.

Lunar Amyscope said...

Aaaah I haven't read them :( K Botts 5000, however, totally got me interested so the next chance I get..it's on.

Amna said...

I can not wait for Mockingjay either!

Team Peeta here :D

But, I do adore Gale.

Suzette Saxton said...

Yay, I'm so glad you read them. It took me awhile, too. And after reading the first one I was not going to pick up the second. I'd had enough of Kat's selfishness. My husband promised it was worth it, and now I'm glad I read both. :D

Becca Cooper said...

*waves Team Gale flag* I agree: August is too far awayyyy! D=

Kim Harrington said...

I didn't read them until a few months ago, and I immediately transformed into a huge Suzanne Collins fangirl. I can't WAIT for Mockingjay!

Teem Peeta!

Kristin said...

OMG YAY!!! We can fangirl about Hunger Games AND Gale now!! :D

Rachele Alpine said...

Ugh! I haven't read the books either, but I have them in my bookshelf. I need to get reading!

Crystal said...

Gotta confess, too . . . I STILL have not read Hunger Games, and yes, I have it on my bookshelf, too! I know I must read this SOON . . . wow, such rave reviews! :)

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

i like peeta! :(

Pam Harris said...

Okay, I am officially one of the last people on earth to read this series. My cousin has already scolded me on this. I do plan on tackling them this summer, right before the third installment.

BTW, I've nominated you for a Sunshine Award! To accept, please come swing by my blog. :)

hannah said...

I still haven't read them. Bwahaha.

Altha Fidia Oktora said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Suplemen Untuk Ibu Hamil
Cara Menjaga Kesehatan Janin
Obat Penguat Daya Ingat
Suplemen Pelangsing
Vitamin Peremajaan Kulit
Vitamin Untuk Kesehatan Tulang
Suplemen Herbal Penghilang Kolesterol Dalam Darah
Suplemen Alami Penurun Kolesterol Tinggi
Green World Blueberry Concentrate
Nutrisi Untuk Kecerdasan Anak