Monday, March 15, 2010

Author Appreciation - The Rules

My friend and fellow Tenner, Heidi Kling, is hosting AUTHOR APPRECIATION WEEK, and I want to play along! So here is the original post.

WHEN: March 15-19

WHAT: Write a blog post each day of next week about the authors you appreciate and why!

RULES: There are none. Be creative. If you want to pick five, pick five. Ten favorites? Go for it! Can't choose between your top twenty? Well, then you'll be doing a few a day. And they'll love you for it!

Avatars & Graphics: Feel free to use the one Sara from Novel Novice (www.novelnovice.com) made (above), there's a few on Twitter, or make your own. Remember to credit the generous, book-loving artists!

What is an "author": Ideally, someone that has sold a novel to an established publishing house. I suppose it could be your cat, if she's purred her way into a contract. For our purposes let's do authors of YA/MG.

How do we spread the word? Post this post to your blog, link back here. Go on facebook and twitter and use the hashtag #AA (Author Appreciation) and @ the others you have chosen so they can go back and read your words of praise.

Why are you hosting this? Are you crazy? When is our Mystery Book Contest Starting?: I got this idea in the shower this afternoon after reading all my #ff (Follow Friday) on Twitter. #ff is this nice gesture fellow Twitterers make which is basically an endorsement to get their followers to follow you. It's like introducing you to a friend. Or giving you a job recommendation. I noticed a general trend in the #ff's and started thinking about all the authors I appreciate. Crazy? Not certifiable. And I prefer the term energetic. YES! Next week the contest will start. I PROMISE.