Saturday, May 15, 2010

All Moved Out!

Holy cow! I'm officially no longer a first year college student. SCARY RIGHT?

No seriously, I just moved out of my dorm. I turned in my keys. I watched Lyon Hall fade into the distance as we drove away all movie-ending-esque. It's over. Next year, I'll be in a new building with a new roommate (four new roommates, actually - I'm living in a suite). I'll be nineteen and a sophomore and . . . oh, boy. How has time gone by this quickly?

Better question - how was anyone crazy enough to let me pass my freshman year?

Haha. That was a joke.

Sort of.

I still feel like a high school student. I guess that's good since i write YA, but it's so crazy! I really don't feel like I'm growing up. And I don't want to, either.

But this summer will be the summer of maturing. Mom and I are spending a few days in Ithaca to explore, but in a few days I'll be heading down to NYC to spend my first summer there - ON MY OWN!!! You heard me. No Mommy there to take care of me or walk me placs or find addresses. HOLY COW GUYS! HOLY COW!

Good thing Mom isn't leaving me too soon. First we're going to hit up a couple of shows. First is Promises Promises - because guess who's in it. GUESS! It's Kristin Chenoweth! Who is she you may ask? Well, if you may ask, I may shake you and scream, "HOW CAN YOU ASK ME THAT!!!"

Kristin Chenoweth was the original Glinda in the first run of Wicked. Kristin Chenoweth is Reese Witherspoon's adorable blond sister in Four Christmases. Kristin Chenoweth was on Pushing Daisies. Kristin Chenoweth is the awesomely drunk April Rhodes on Glee. KRISTIN CHENOWETH IS AWESOME!

And I idolize her. Clearly.

And she's in Promises Promises with Sean Hayes - Jack from Will and Grace, another fave show of mine. This means I must see the play. ASAP!

Then on Thursday Mom and I are going to see . . . well, if you read my blog or follow my twitter or watch my YA Rebels vlogs, you can guess. Yep. That's right. We're going to see Wicked!

Again.

Don't judge me.

And the following Sunday I move into my new dorm and Mom leaves me on my own! And then there's Teen Author Carnival and BEA and a bazillion other awesome things going on! But it is still scary. And awesome. And exciting. And nerve-wracking. But most of all, it's a growing up experience.

Aw, darn. I know, right? Growing up. Bleh.

But it's gonna happen. I can't fight it anymore, and maybe I shouldn't anyway. Know why? Because this summer is going to ROCK, and becoming a real adult is going to be part of that rocking-ness.

Here's hoping I don't make a complete fool of myself this summer!

12 comments:

Kara said...

NYC is scary at first (especially if you're alone) but eventually navigating becomes second nature :)

Judith said...

I WANT TO SEE WICKED TOO. I'VE NEVER SEEN IT :(:(:( I AM THE SADDEST GIRL IN THE WORLD.

Also, I LOVE WILL AND GRACE AND WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT PLAY. I'M JUST GOING TO COPY YOU AND WATCH EVERY PLAY YOU WATCH.

Also, I LOVE WRITING IN ALL CAPS.

And you're going to be in NYC this summer!?!?!?!? Can we hang out?!?!?!?!

La-La-La-Laurie said...

Dude, you think YOU feel old? Imagine going into your senior year of college. They're about to throw me to the dogs. Nooooooooooo.

I've never been to NY. Or a Broadway musical. Or gotten any culture, so whatevs. Sounds fun, have a blast. Have a great summer in NY. I love living other places for the summer. Just enough time to fall in love, but not to get sick of it. Oh, how I miss Charleston...

Loretta Nyhan said...

I keep picturing you walking down the streets of NYC and just breaking into song. Like Guys and Dolls or something.

Kody Keplinger said...

Judith - Um, DUH!!! You know we have to!!! (PS - COME SEE WICKED WITH ME SOMETIME THIS SUMMER!!! I have to see it at least a gazillion times, of course.)

Laurie - SCARY!!! I DON'T WANNA GROW UP!!!

Loretta - Lol. I"m so gonna pull a Rachel from Glee and just sing for no reason.

Kara - I love NYC! I think I'll firgure it out. :-)

Nishant said...

I've never been to NY
post free classifieds

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

Congrats on getting all moved out! You're so lucky! I got stuck living w/ my parents for this first year b/c it's cheaper...darn economy ;)

Ooh, Wicked! How cool! One of my friends went to it not too long ago, and she said it was amazing.

Have fun!

Kristin Briana Otts said...

I have come to the conclusion that I will never stop feeling like a high school kid. So you're in good company, love. :)

Caroline Starr Rose said...

The world is your oyster. Enjoy!

Shelby Bach said...

It will be AWESOME!! I recommend having Pinkberry for breakfast AT LEAST once a week. :-D!!

Jojomama said...

College! Moving out! Oh, the adventure begins...you will have soooo much to write about! yay!
http://jostorm.blogspot.com/

Altha Fidia Oktora said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Benjolan Di Kepala Tradisional
Menghilangkan Fistula Ani
Obat Benjolan Di Kelopak Mata
Pengobatan Benjolan Di Paha Herbal
Obat Penyakit Degeneratif
Pengobatan Angin Duduk Herbal
Obat Gagal Jantung Akut
Obat Alami Benjolan Di Selangkangan
Menghilangkan Nyeri Vagina Dengan Obat Herbal
Jamu Pelangsing