Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Summer In the City: BEA Part 1 (AND BLURBS!)

First off, I have big awesome news!!! I have two - TWO! - blurbs to share with you for THE DUFF, and I"m so, so stoked about both of them.

The first I've actually known about for a while, but I was waiting to share in case I couldn't yet. Then my editor tonight was like, "Um, yeah. Go for it. YOu can announce that." So here it comes! This particular blurb comes from someone I highly respect and adore. Her books are some of my very, very favorites, and I got the honor of meeting her on Monday night. Not only that, but she was my very first blurb - and she actually asked ME if she could blurb after she read the ARC. Little did she know, I'd just sent my editor a wishlist with her name on it. So, without further ado, my first blurb:

"Sharp, hot, thoughtful, and searingly honest, The Duff is one of the best young adult novels to come along in ages." -- Elizabeth Scott, author of Living Dead Girl and The Unwritten Rule


Squeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Okay, and this next one is new. Very new. I got it Monday night, in fact, at TAC. So this author has one of the best success stories ever. All this year, I've heard everyone gush about a book called PERFECT CHEMISTRY. A book whose sequel hit NYT Best Seller status like ASAP. A book I read in less than 24 hours because it was just that intriguing and - duh - SEXY. The author completely made my night when she mentioned my book during our panel at TAC, and then completely shocked and flattered me when she wrote down a blurb for my agent right at the event:

"Edgy and compelling. I couldn't put it down!" -Simone Elkeles, NYT bestselling author of Rules of Attraction


Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

So yeah. That's my big blurby news! Not sure if there will be more or not - but OMG, these are just so amazing. I love both of these authors, and I'm so, so happy they liked my book!

And okay, I'm gonna do a big BEA post tomorrow, I swear. I don't have the pictures from tonight yet, but I'll post those and the whole story tomorrow.

....and I'll show a list of the books I snagged. :-)

For now, I"m crashing. So tired. BEA is awesome, but exhausting! Anyway, I'll do a long post tomorrow!

NIght!

11 comments:

Jill Wheeler said...

Gratz!! Elizabeth Scott is ah-mazing!

Sarah said...

Congratulations on those amazing blurbs! I love both of those authors so I can't wait to read your book, even more now!

Shari said...

Wow, that is some awesome blurb goodness! Woohooo! Congrats, Kody!

Lynne Kelly Hoenig said...

Wow, that is great news! Congratulations on scoring those awesome blurbs!

Monica said...

OMG--Squeeeee to infinity!! That's freaking awesome news! Congrats Kody!

Living Dead Girl...that story, just wow, right? Seared onto my brain for life, me thinks.

Bee said...

Gah. That's amazing!
<3 Elizabeth Scott and Simone Elkes!

middle grade ninja said...

That's really exciting. Congrats! And enjoy BEA you lucky duck. Wish I were there with you.

Remilda Graystone said...

That's awesome, awesome, awesome!! Those blurbs make me want to read The Duff NOW!! Ooh, I can't wait until it comes out.

La-La-La-Laurie said...

Yey! Glad you got to announce it :D

Sandy Williams said...

OMG, totally awesome! I love reading your BEA stories. :-)

Altha Fidia Oktora said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Mual Dan Muntah Karena Penyakit Yang Aman
Cara Menghilangkan Kelenjar Tiroid
Obat Benjolan Di Pantat
Obat Alami Benjolan Di Selangkangan
Cara Menghilangkan Sakit Tulang Punggung
Obat Urine Berwarna Coklat
Obat Untuk Mencegah Stroke Kronis
Agen Ace Maxs Kuningan
Obat Benjolan Di Selangkangan
Obat Benjolan Di Belakang Telinga