Friday, May 21, 2010

Summer In The City Begins

Hi, ya'll!

Okay, so I'm here in NYC! Woot! I'll be moving into my dorm on Sunday, and I've spent the last few days exploring the city and learning where everything is. Here's an interesting fact about Manhattan - it's actually a very small place. No kidding. You can walk across Manhattan in less than an hour. Now, it's longer up and down, but still! Small place geographically, just a lot of things to do, and a lot, lot, lot of people.

Lucky for me, my dorm is in a great part of town. Everything I need is close, the traffic isn't too dangerous or hard to follow as a pedestrian, and it's pretty! (That's not a joke - there's a park near me, so I can see trees!)

Downside of all this?

Holy moly, will I be walking a lot.

In exploring this city, I've also walked quite a lot over the last few days. And my feet are killing me for it. But hey, it's good excercise!

I also got to see Promises Promises a few nights ago. It's this Broadway show featuring Kristin Chenoweth (whom I may or may not have a girl crush on) and Sean Hayes, who played Jack on Will & Grace. It was so, so good. Like, seriously, it was AWESOME!!! I can't wait to spend my evenings in the theater district this summer.

But my summer really kicks off on Monday evening. That's when I'll be attending Teen Author Carnival (eek!) and then BEA on Wednesday and Thursday. Guys, I'm so nervous. Excited, but nervous. This is my first author-y event. I want to do it right!

So cross your fingers for me! And if you're NYC, come and see me at TAC or BEA!!!

New posts soon!

6 comments:

Remilda Graystone said...

I'm so jealous! My summer is absolutely boring compared to yours! And Manhattan has always seemed like a great place to visit.

I love Kristin Chenoweth and Sean Hayes--oh my gosh, love him!!

Lucky!

Have fun!!

Kaitlin Ward said...

Have fun at BEA!
I think you'll be surprised at how good the walking turns out to be :)

Emilia Plater said...

Yay!! I love love walking around NYC. You'll have a blast!

Medical Librarian said...

Best of luck at BEA. Wish I could be there!

Empress Awesome said...

Oh man! That's so weird. You're just starting and I'm practically getting out...gosh. I remember those days. Never want to go back. Haha!

Wait a second, just to clarify, you are starting college, right? At the beginning of summer?

Do I sound insane to you? What do I keep asking all of these aggressive questions?

Anyway, have fun in NY at all the author events. So jealous.

And now I need to stop talking before the psych ward figures out I escaped.

Altha Fidia Oktora said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Benjolan Di Kepala Tradisional
Menghilangkan Fistula Ani
Obat Benjolan Di Kelopak Mata
Pengobatan Benjolan Di Paha Herbal
Obat Penyakit Degeneratif
Pengobatan Angin Duduk Herbal
Obat Gagal Jantung Akut
Obat Alami Benjolan Di Selangkangan
Menghilangkan Nyeri Vagina Dengan Obat Herbal
Jamu Pelangsing