Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer In The City: Teen Author Carnival

So BEA is this week - my FIRST BEA, but that won't start for me until Wednesday.

But no, that doesn't mean I haven't been busy.

Last night, I was at Teen Author Carnival. It's this awesome even hosted by the Jefferson Market Branch library here in NYC and organized by awesome bloggers Mitali Dave, Devyn Burton, and Korianne Sparks. It invovled 30 authors sitting on 3 different panels and talking to an audience about writing, teen life, and everything in between.

And me? I was lucky enough to sit on the Teen Love panel.


To the left is a picture of me on the panel sitting between Elizabeth Scott (SQUEE!) and Sarah Ockler (*dances*). Both are amazing authors that I look up to immensely, and sitting there on the panel, it was SO HARD not to go all fangirl on them.



Other authors on the panel included Simone Elkeles, Alexandra Diaz, Susane Calosanti, Gayle Forman, Holly Cupala, Keiran Scott, and the fantastic and adorable Heidi Kling. It was a GREAT panel, and everyone on it was just so amazing and fun and nice! (Also, rockstars - they are all ROCKSTARS!)

After the panel, we all went downstairs to do a signing. Little Brown provided 40 ARCs of THE DUFF to giveaway, so I got to do my first signing! I got to meet some book bloggers I've met online - which was SO COOL - and I stood between Elizabeth Scott and Stephanie Kuehnert. Dude, two of my FAVES!

So while I was signing, my editor and agent (and Suzie Townsend, who took all the pictures because I was dumb enough to forget to charge my camera) kept me company - and did my bidding. Muahahahaha!

No, really. I made them run around getting some of MY books signed by these authors since I couldn't leave my signing area. So I now have a stacked of signed books on my desk. WHEEE!

As for the ARCS of THE DUFF, they went shockingly fast! I signed so many my wrist hurt! It was so cool to meet so many book fans. It really, really made me so happy!

So that was my TAC experience. Pretty freaking awesome. I hope to do it again next year!

8 comments:

Shari Green said...

Sounds like so much awesomeness! I'm glad you had such a great time - and yay for your first signing! (btw, like all those other fantastic authors on the panel, YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!)

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Sounds like it was an amazing night. And good luck with your event tomorrow. Woot!
~Kerry O'Malley Cerra

Kaitlin Ward said...

Sounds great, Kody! Glad you had fun :)

Anonymous said...

aww happy first of many signings!
-Mahesh

Sarah Billington said...

Congrats on the signing, I bet you're feeling like all your writerly dreams are coming true!
Oooh, Teen Love, I'm curious to know what you all had to say on the topic!

Anonymous said...

Kody,
I was at your panel last night. I'm wondering if you'd ever consider emailing my daughter (11 yrs old, aspiring writer).
Email me back off-blog? amy mcnamara at earthlink dot net (all run together w/ proper dots, etc.)
Thanks!
Amy

storyqueen said...

Wow!! What a great first signing!

Congratulations!

Shelley

Altha Fidia Oktora said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Benjolan Di Kepala Tradisional
Menghilangkan Fistula Ani
Obat Benjolan Di Kelopak Mata
Pengobatan Benjolan Di Paha Herbal
Obat Penyakit Degeneratif
Pengobatan Angin Duduk Herbal
Obat Gagal Jantung Akut
Obat Alami Benjolan Di Selangkangan
Menghilangkan Nyeri Vagina Dengan Obat Herbal
Jamu Pelangsing