Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer In the City: Cupcake Dating

So Sara (remember my co-conspiritor from BEA?) are officially cupcake dating.

What does this mean you ask?

I'll tell you.

Here in NYC there are several cupcake stores. Places where you can go in an eat CUPCAKES. Lots and lots of yummy cupcakes. Upon finding out that I'd never been to such a place, Sara proposed a plan.

Cupcake dating.

Once a week, Sara and I meet up and go eat cupcakes at a different place to try and discover which place has the best cupcakes in NYC.

So far, I've been on 2 cupcake dates.

Crumbs.
Baked By Melissa.

I have to say, thus far, Baked By Melissa is in the lead. Tiny bite sized cupcakes made of awesome. Crumbs was great, but I had a COOKIE DOUGH flavored cupcake at BbM. How do you top that?

Well, I'll find out if it's possible next week when Sara and I hit up Sugar Sweet Sunshine. I"ll inform you, my friends, as to the best cupcakes in the Big Apple. This is my new job.

Okay. Now I"m hungry. *flounces off to find chocolate*

14 comments:

Remilda Graystone said...

Sounds great. Cupcakes are one of the best things to date, but breaking up might be hard. :D

Abby Stevens said...

Oh my, that sounds like a truly delicious pastime. I think I may just have to make some cupcakes this weekend.

Karen Yuan said...

Sounds awesome :D Ooh, have you guys heard of Magnolia Bakery? Their stuff is HOLY (especially the red velvet cupcakes). Angels sing when you eat them.

Laura Marcella said...

OH. MY. Places that sell only cupcakes??? Must be heaven on earth!

Rowena said...

I heart cupcakes.

My sisters and I used to do the whole cupcakes thing but after Sprinkles, instead of trying out different cupcake venues, they just keep going back to Sprinkles. *sigh* Sisters....

Karen Denise said...

Ohhh! I want to cupcake date. Sounds yummers!

Cassandra said...

Sugar Sweet Sunshine!!! My favorite cupcakes in NYC - you will absolutely adore them.

Also - if you like banana or chocolate pudding, they make AMAZING versions of these with chunks of cake and whipped cream mixed in. My office goes crazy for it.

Enjoy! :)

Steph said...

sounds fab! I love love love cupcakes, but live in a small town, and sadly, no cupcake bakeries here! can't wait to hear more!

Hardygirl said...

Love your new "job." And, the idea of mini cupcakes sounds very appealing because you can eat lots and lots of different kinds.

sf

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

im hungry now! must have cupcakes. Did you see jen Hayleys' cupcake dance? :)

Kate said...

I have very strong feelings about this subject, Kody, having done this very thing myself! Sugar Sweet Sunshine, though basic, is my all around favorite cupcake. All of them are good-- cake is moist and the frosting is not too buttery, not too sugary. Butter Lane (across the street from my apt, no less!) is similar, but they have more exciting flavors. Maple pecan on banana cake is great, and the popcorn flavor is to die for.

Death to Magnolia--that frosting has no flavor, and the cake is too dry!

Not that I have too many opinions on this or anything. Cough.

Kody Keplinger said...

Kate - Dude, you need to email me an amazing list of cupcake places so I can hit up all the best while i"m here. This si epic. :-)

Everyone - I promise to update each time I eat at a new cupcake place! I'll go from YA writer to food critic. OMG. haha.

Jennie Englund said...

I've heard about the cupcakes in NYC. Where's the very very best white cake/chocolate frosting one?

Altha Fidia Oktora said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Mual Dan Muntah Karena Penyakit Yang Aman
Cara Menghilangkan Kelenjar Tiroid
Obat Benjolan Di Pantat
Obat Alami Benjolan Di Selangkangan
Cara Menghilangkan Sakit Tulang Punggung
Obat Urine Berwarna Coklat
Obat Untuk Mencegah Stroke Kronis
Agen Ace Maxs Kuningan
Obat Benjolan Di Selangkangan
Obat Benjolan Di Belakang Telinga