Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer In the City: Sugar Sweet Sunshine

And my cupcake dating continues!

Last night, Sara and I ventured into SoHo (er, I think?) to visit Sugar Sweet Sunshine. As soon as we walked into the building, I knew I was in for a major treat.

Lets start with the basics.

First of all, THE SELECTION HOLY CRAP!!! Okay, just so you know, they have a cupcake named Bob. Yes. You can eat Bob the Cupcake. Now, I did not eat Bob the cupcake, but I regret this sincerely, I assure you.

I did however eat a strawberry cupcake with strawberry filling and a lemon cupcake with lemon filling. YUM!!! Thus far, my favorites. But I also got a trifle. Which is this layered pudding thing . . . . it may have been like eating Heaven - I'm just saying.

The next benefit of Sugar Sweet Sunshine was the price. Not bad AT ALL. I was wicked impressed. I got everything I ate - which filled me up - for under $8. For NYC, this is cheap, cheap, cheap. Ugh. If only it wasn't ALL the way downtown.

While we were there, Sara confessed to me that its her favorite place in the world.

I understand why.

So far, the rankings for the cupcake tours are:
1. Sugar Sweet Sunshine
2. Baked By Melissa
3. Crumbs

Not sure what stop is next. But I'm excited! I definitely want to try Magnolia - which was featured on Sex and the City. I mean, come on. I HAVE to try it, right? Especially since my goal is to be the real life Carrie Bradshaw . . . only, I write for teens and not articles about social issues and sex. And I don't want THAT much boy drama - but all the cute boys are a must and . . the shoes . . . and the clothes.

Oh, speaking of which, did you know Chris Nothe apparently lives very close to where I live right now?

I met Sarah Lapolla, agent at Curtis Brown, for lunch a few days ago, and she has had SIGHTINGS of him. Okay, canyou imagine ordering an iced mocha early one morning while freaking Mr. Big is standing behind you?

I can't.

But I want to.

Just saying.

Let the cupcake tour continue!!!!

<3

Oh, and PS - I also tried Pink Berry frozen yogurt. Um, why don't we have these places in Ithaca? Or in Kentucky? Not. Fair.

9 comments:

Remilda Graystone said...

Sounds like you're having lots of fun. I am now officially/unofficially dubbing you the Cupcake Correspondent. I wish I could be there, but I'm just gonna have to stick with marking down all the spots you've named so that I can visit them the next time I'm in New York, and then I can say "Oh my gosh, the author Kody Keplinger came here!"

I cannot at all imagine Chris Noth standing behind me while I'm ordering an iced mocha. Must've been a surreal--but awesome--experience for her.

Lori said...

Mmm cupcakes! My Mother-In-Law owns a cupcakery...All the free cupcakes I want. It's amazing and horrible all at once!

Angela Craft said...

I find Magnolia to be totally overrated, but do agree you should check it out once.

My favorite cupcakes come from Cupcake Stop. I especially love the minis, which mean you can try out a bunch of flavors without breaking your wallet and/or going into a sugar coma. Plus there's the novelty of eating cupcakes from a truck.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

There should be a warning at the beginning of this post: DO NOT read if you haven't eatten breakfast yet. ;)

*runs off to bake cupcakes for breakfast*

Kirsten said...

I love the cupcake craze! All the ones you've tried sound delicious. Oh, and yes, I second the Pinkberry love. There's one by my school and the line is always out the door.

Demon Hunter said...

I absolutely love cupcakes. Plus, I make them and have thought about selling them on the side or starting a business. :-D I keep getting requests for my red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing. ;-)

In the south, we make up new cakes. ;-)

Bianca said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so far away from NYC! I just went to their website and everything looks delicious. MUST GO THERE!

Kristin Briana Otts said...

I would just like you to know that my city has a frozen yogurt bar. Five flavors of yogurt, at least twenty toppings, and one giant cup for all of it.

Yeah. You know you want to come visit me.

Altha Fidia Oktora said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Mual Dan Muntah Karena Penyakit Yang Aman
Cara Menghilangkan Kelenjar Tiroid
Obat Benjolan Di Pantat
Obat Alami Benjolan Di Selangkangan
Cara Menghilangkan Sakit Tulang Punggung
Obat Urine Berwarna Coklat
Obat Untuk Mencegah Stroke Kronis
Agen Ace Maxs Kuningan
Obat Benjolan Di Selangkangan
Obat Benjolan Di Belakang Telinga