Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Big Thank You!

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has told me, since BEA and such, that they enjoyed THE DUFF.

I've been so nervous to hear what everyone would think of my book once they read it. It's a strange feeling knowing that other people are reading something of yours. I guess I thought I'd be ready for it - I used to write semi-popular fanfiction and had others reading and commenting on that. (Don't ask me where you can read it - that is between me and my 15-year-old self!). But this feels completely different. Probably because these are my characters, not ones I borrowed from my favorite fandoms. It's so intense and amazing and terrifying at the same time!

But I will say, that just one good review can make me smile and walk on air for a week. I've been lucky enough to get a few - between goodreads and book blogs. Having just one person love my charcters or get something out of my story would be enough. It would make it all worth it. KNowing there are several at this point . . . when the fianl book isn't even out yet . . . well, it's more than I could have hoped for, and i"m so honored and happy.

So on this 4th of July, I just want to say a big Thank You! Thank you so, so much to everyone who has either blogged, goodreads reviewed, or contacted me just to say you liked it. It always makes me smile, and I want you all to know how much I appreciate it.

Now, I'm off to watch Eclipse with my lovely writing buddy, Emila Plater! I hope you all have a happy holiday weekend!

15 comments:

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Love the new look of your blog. :D

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I'm glad you're getting such good reviews. I'm excited to check out The Duff once it's released. I also like the new look of the blog. Very cute.

-Lauren

Amy Lukavics said...

Girl yew know I love yew. EMILIA EMIIIIIIILIA!!!! <3 <3

Kaitlin Ward said...

yay your blog matches your site :)
PRETTY.

<3

Sara said...

I hope you're ready for many more positive reviews... THE DUFF is fabulous and deserves each and every one!

Claire Dawn said...

Congrats!! This is one of my anticipated reads for the Fall. I can't wait!

Sarah B. said...

Congrats on the good reviews! I haven't read it yet, but I'm dying to... I enter every contest I find giving away an ARC! haha

Ms.Green said...

Kody, I am look forward to seeing and reading your first novel. Ms. Hampton has told me that she will be putting it in the library so that all the McLean County kids can read it! I hope your second book is going well, and check out my blog for some photos that I have posted from my European teaching adventure!

Lisa_Gibson said...

Kody, it's great to hear so many are enjoying THE DUFF. I would say it's one of the better books I've ever read. I really loved it. you're blog is gorgeous, love the colors.

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

thx for writing it girlie! Loved it! ;)

nymfaux said...

Hi!

I just stayed up half the night reading The Duff, and totally LOVED it!!!!!!!! I've been hearing amazing things about it, and then I won an ARC through Elizabeth Scott's website...and it arrived yesterday!!!!! Anyway, it was so good, I just wanted to tell you how much I liked it and congratulate you on your success!!!!

I also posted a review on my blog, in case you want to check it out:
http://nymfaux.blogspot.com/2010/07/duff-delicious-unique-fantastic-fun.html

Ronni said...

I'm reading The DUFF right now and I'm really enjoying it! :)

Lee Nichols said...

It's still sitting by my bed, and I was thinking yesterday how much I enjoyed it. One of my favorite reads this summer. Hope it sells HUGE in September.

Morgan said...

you definitely deserved all of the great reviews you got. I just finished your book and I thought it was amazing! It's definitely going into my favorite teen books of all time list!

Aisyah Putri Setiawan said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Kolesterol
Pengobatan Gusi Bernanah Herbal
Obat Kanker Vulva
Menghilangkan Kanker Prostat Secara Alami
Obat Tradisional Benjolan Di Ketiak
Cara Menghilangkan Sakit Pinggang Belakang
Obat Pasca Operasi Ambeien Yang Aman
Obat Benjolan Di Belakang Telinga Tradisional
Tips Menghilangkan Kencing Batu Tanpa Operasi
Cara Mengatasi Jantung Lemah