Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer In The City: Butter Lane

The Cupcake tour continues!

Earlier this week, on the recommendation of my fabulous editor, I suggested to my friend Sara that we go visit Butter Lane in the East Village. I had it on good word that Butter Lane had some of the best cupcakes in NYC.

My editor - she does not lie.

Sara and I found the place and went inside. The shop was tiny, but the selection was good. You could mix and match cake's and toppings. I chose a banana cake with strawberry icing and Sara got chocolate cake with cream cheese.

We took our seats on a little bench inside and prepared for the awesome.

We got the awesome, too.

"Kody, this is seriously the best cupcake I have ever tasted," Sara said after only one bite.

I quickly took a bite of mine and found she was so not exaggerating.

Holy Wowza! These cupcakes were made of fabulous.

So that makes 4 stops complete on the Cupcake Tour. So far, Butter Lane is in the lead, very, very closely followed by Sugar Sweet Sunshine. Though, i can honestly say, I have yet to try a bad cupcake here!

Next week, I"m thinking we'll hit up Magnolia Bakery here in the Village, as made famous by Sex and the City.

Whooo!!! Can't wait!!!

8 comments:

Elizabeth Briggs said...

I want to do a cupcake tour! Sounds delicious!

Remilda Graystone said...

I agree with Elizabeth. It sounds delicious!

Joanna said...

I'm becoming very tempted to crash a cupcake date one of these days....

storyqueen said...

I don't know if we have enough cupcake places here in SoCal to do a tour...but I could be persuaded to do the research, perhaps....

Ah, a cupcake would be the perfect breakfast!

Shelley

Claire Dawn said...

That sounds so cool. All I have out here in Japan is crazy flavoured KitKats.

Also could you email me at muchlanguage(at)gmail.com re an upcoming giveaway of the DUFF?

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

Ah, now I really want a cupcake! ;)

Erin said...

You should check out Billy's Bakery in Chelsea! http://www.billysbakerynyc.com/

They have my favorite cupcakes (much better than Magnolia IMO)

BTW: I LOVED The Duff. So brilliant.

Aisyah Putri Setiawan said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Kolesterol
Pengobatan Gusi Bernanah Herbal
Obat Kanker Vulva
Menghilangkan Kanker Prostat Secara Alami
Obat Tradisional Benjolan Di Ketiak
Cara Menghilangkan Sakit Pinggang Belakang
Obat Pasca Operasi Ambeien Yang Aman
Obat Benjolan Di Belakang Telinga Tradisional
Tips Menghilangkan Kencing Batu Tanpa Operasi
Cara Mengatasi Jantung Lemah