Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer In the City: Don't Wanna Be An AMERICAN IDIOT!!!

Last night was one of the best nights I've had since coming to NYC.

It started when I got a message from Heidi R. Kling (SEA) telling me I should come to Books of Wonder for her siging with Angie Frazier (EVERLASTING) and Christina Gonzalas (THE RED UMBRELLA), some of my fellow Tenners.

Well, Books of Wonder is right around the corner from me. So of course I went! I also got to meet up with Stacey from Page Turners Blog and Mitali Dave of Alley of Books - both awesome bloggers!


From left to right, that's Angie, me, Heidi, and Christina. It was such a fun event!!!

But on my way to this event, I got a phone call from Mitali asking if I wanted to come with her and Heidi to see American Idiot on Broadway. She and Heidi had JUST seen it and LOVED it. They wanted to go again, and they wanted me and Stacey to come along.

Well, if you know me. You know I NEVER say no to Broadway.

Heid and I have done Broadway together before. We hit up PROMISES PROMISES back during BEA. That was a great show, but I think this one topped it.

American Idiot is the musical version of the story told in Green Day's American Idiot album. Its kind of obscure and full of metaphore and kind of confusing, and honestly, I like it that way. And I was so happy that the show didn't simplify it.

The show was amazing. We had great seats, and it was so fun! The set was gorgeous! And the lights were so bright and spectacular (well deserved lighting Tony). The energy, though, was the best part! The crowd got into it, and the musical numbers had me and Heidi dancing in our seats.

I have now seen 4 Broadway shows (one of them I've seen twice) and I love, love, love the theater. Another beauty of NYC!

So if you're in NYC soon, check out American Idiot! So fun!

5 comments:

seaheidi said...

So much fun! I miss NYC gang already! xox

Claire Dawn said...

Somehow, having been in NYC a gazillion times, I've never been on Broadway. I need to fix that!

Hardygirl said...

I was just reading about this show--it sounds AWESOME!! I'm glad to get a first-hand review.

And, you live a block from Books of Wonder???? Yes, my dear. Life is good.

sf

Loretta Nyhan said...

Oooh, so jealous. That album is imprinted on my brain.

Seeing American Idiot was on my NYC to-do list and sadly, it didn't get done. Maybe next time!

Altha Fidia Oktora said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Mual Dan Muntah Karena Penyakit Yang Aman
Cara Menghilangkan Kelenjar Tiroid
Obat Benjolan Di Pantat
Obat Alami Benjolan Di Selangkangan
Cara Menghilangkan Sakit Tulang Punggung
Obat Urine Berwarna Coklat
Obat Untuk Mencegah Stroke Kronis
Agen Ace Maxs Kuningan
Obat Benjolan Di Selangkangan
Obat Benjolan Di Belakang Telinga