Sunday, September 12, 2010

THE DUFF Characters Week Day 1 - BIANCA PIPER

So this week, I'm going to spend each day featuring characters from THE DUFF. And at the end of the week, we'll have a contest for a signed copy! Sound fun? Okay, so here's the schedule.

Sunday - Bianca Piper
Monday - Wesley Rush
Tuesday - Casey Blythe
Wednesday - Jessica Gaither
Thursday - Toby Tucker
Friday - Contest!

Details of the contest will be announced Friday, but here's a hint, be sure to read all of the character posts! They'll be important!

Okay, and now, with that out of the way, let me introduce you to the star of THE DUFF.


* * * Bianca Lynne Piper * * *
Age: 17
Birthday: May 28
Grade: 12th, Senior
GPA: 3.8
Theme Song: "Bitch" by Meredith Brooks

Bianca is the star and the narrator of THE DUFF. She's sarcastic and super cynical, but also very loyal to her best friends, Casey and Jessica. She's lived in Hamilton, a small town in the mid-west, all her life. Her dad, Mike, works at a technology store (kind of like Best Buy) and her mother, Gina, wrote a book that flopped and now travels the country as a motivational speaker.

Bianca is kind of anti-social. She hates parties and clubs and prefers just being alone with her friends watching James McAvoy movies. She secretly loves the TV show Gossip Girl, but she won't admit it for anything. When she was little, she had a crush on Michael J. Fox because she and her parents watched a lot of Family Ties reruns.

Bianca's favorite book is The Catcher and the Rye because she loves Holden's cynical perspective - it mirrors her own. Her favorite band is Paramore. She hates techno music with a passion. She's a vegetarian and her favorite food is spaghetti with no meat balls.

Appearance wise, we don't know that much about B. Here's what we know - she has wavy auburn hair, she's only 5'2", and she *says* she is overweight and flat chested, but the jury is still out on that one. She's definitely not as thin as her best friends, which is how the whole "DUFF" thing gets started. Each reader will have to decide for themselves what B really looks like.


CASTING CALL

If I got the cast the movie, it would be tough, because I hope that everyone has a different image of Bianca in their heads. I left so much of her description out for the sole reason of letting the reader decide.
That said, I *do* have my own image of her, and if I were to cast a movie version, I think there are two options that would be great!


Mae Whitman

or



Ellen Page

So that's Bianca! She can be a tough pill to swallow sometimes, but she's got her heart in the right place. *snuggles B*

Tomorrow you'll get to meet the boy who drives her insane - in good ways and bad ways.

Have a great Sunday! And remember - contest on Friday!


17 comments:

chelleyreads said...

AWESOME!!! i wasn't ready to leave bianca, wesley and the rest of the gang after i finished reading the book so i'm excited for a week of getting to know them more. thank you :D

Rockie said...

This is really awesome. I can't wait until I get the book. But I'm going to try this contest out so I can get a signed copy. I get a great book and it'll be signed! It's a win win! Uh...if I can win. lol the main character sounds really interesting. ^__^

Edna said...

Oh fun! Besides learning more about these characters (yay!), I think it's interesting seeing which actors you envision playing them. I honestly had no defined person in mind while I was reading this. Does that make any sense?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the rest of the characters!

Char. said...

Ellen Page!!!
Yay she's Canadian :DD

calikas said...

Mae Whitman is EXACTLY how I pictured her.

great idea for this week.

Dani. said...

Oh my I want a combination of Mae Whitman & Ellen Page's appearance and personalities (well the ones they portray), and then maybe we would have like THE Bianca I pictured and LOVED :D

Emily said...

i think Jesse Metcalfe would be a great wesley!

Claire Dawn said...

Oo! Yay! I really enjoyed Bianca, but not as much as Wesley. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Jess said...

LOVE your character profile--Bianca's personality just pops--she's awesome. Can't wait to see the others!

Lisa_Gibson said...

Definitely on Mae Whitman! I <3 Bianca. She's such a strong character. She's alive and breathing in front of me when I read The DUFF. :)
Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

Bee said...

Ooh, so much about Bianca..love it!
And both Mae Whitman and Ellen Page would fit, I think.

I really hope the contest is international. I want the book SO much!

Horserider said...

Very cool! :D Sometimes I relate so much to Bianca that it creeps me out.

Also, ELLEN. She is close to how I picture Bianca.

squinto said...

Wow, this is a really awesome concept--even if I haven't read the book yet (I am seriously considering stealing my friend's copy), I just love reading more about the characters. It makes me want to read The DUFF even more!

Plus, I'm reading The Catcher in the Rye right now and I can relate to Holden's cynical, at times caustic, voice. It's so strong.

But I digress. Can't wait to read the rest of the posts!

Anonymous said...

YAY so happy that Mae Whitman is actually Bianca in the movie :D

lee woo said...

Very interesting for an old duffer like me to try his hand at something new. If I don't do that once in a while, I might just turn into a fossil, you know! See the link below for more info.


#duffer
www.ufgop.org

Aisyah Putri Setiawan said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Kanker Sumsum Tulang
Obat Penyakit Kolera
Penyakit Iritasi Lambung
Obat Alami Kista Bartholin
Obat Radang Usus Buntu Anak Tradisional
Obat Diare Untuk Ibu Menyusui
Obat Urine Berwarna Merah
Cara Menghilangkan Syaraf Kejepit
Pengobatan Ginjal Kotor
Pengobatan Polip Serviks Herbal

Jhh Hjh said...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.