Tuesday, September 14, 2010

THE DUFF Characters Week Day 3 - CASEY BLYTHE

Welcome to day 3 of Characters Week! If you haven't seen the other posts, you can go back and check out the introductions to Bianca and Wesley, the stars of THE DUFF. And remember, at the end of the week, there will be a contest involving these characters!

Yay!

Okay, so today we are talking about Bianca's long-time BFF and awesome gal-pal . . .

* * * Casey Anne Blythe * * *

Age: 18
Birthday: December 12
Grade: 12th, Senior
GPA: 3.4
Theme Song: "I'll Stand by You" by The Pretenders

Casey Blythe has lived in Hamilton her entire life. Her parents divorced when she was in middle school, and she still harbors some negative feelings toward her father, who is pretty stingy. She lives with her mother and they do decently well, despite not having much money.

Casey met Bianca when they were five years old on the playground. She instantly took the role as Bianca's "protector" - a role Casey plays with lots of her friends. Her natural instinct is to take care of her friends and defend them. She's incredibly loyal, and she doesn't like letting her friends go. Still, Casey has a few insecurities, worrying that one day her friends will leave her behind.

Casey is also very fun loving. She likes to dance and party, but she's never once gotten completely drunk before for fear that she might need to take care of one of her friends. She's only dated two boys seriously, and both relationships ended badly. Still, Casey is optomistic about love and romance. But she puts much more stock in her friendships than in her relationshijps with boys.

Casey's favorite color is purple, she loves the Pussycat Dolls, and she watches The Hills religiously. Secretly, she crushes on the nerdy types - her celebrity dream date would be Adam Brody.

As for how she looks, Casey is very tall. She's almost six-feet-one and she is very self concious about her height. She has blond hair and hazel eyes. Recently, she chopped her blond hair into a pixie cut. She's got an athletic build from years of cheerleading, and she loves to wear bright colors.

CASTING CALL

Casey was a hard choice, but I recently found the perfect fit! She'd have to cut her hair, but that's a tiny difference. But I love this pick!


Deborah Ann Woll

Come back tomorrow to meet the other member of the threesome - Jessica!

13 comments:

Elizabeth Briggs said...

These are fun. I would love to see spin off books about Casey and Jessica finding someone.

M.J. Horton said...

I loved Casey! She reminds me of my best friends. :D

Tall girlies! I'm never used to taller girls in fiction. I know it random thing to try and relate to, but it's cool to see being a girl at about 5'10".

Oh as you can see I have already finished The DUFF since yesterday. Amazing Kody. A-MAZING.

Kody Keplinger said...

Thank you, MJ!!!

I actually made Casey tall because one of my friends in HS was six-foot and an avid reader, and she pointed out to me that you rarely see super tall girls in fiction. So I made Casey an Amazon. :-)

squinto said...

Wow, Casey sounds like the mother hen of the group. I love the fact that she's still optimistic about love and romance. And purple? Can't go wrong with that.

She sounds like the girl who'd buoy cynical Bianca through the tough times (relationship-wise).

And so true about the tall thing. I need to read it to believe it.

I can't wait to test out that theory. I want to read this book so bad!

Joanna said...

I heart Casey :-)

Jude said...

I LOVE CASEY AND I LOVE THAT TRUEBLOOD ACTRESS! She's so hot and gorgeous. Hey Kody I miss you!

Kody Keplinger said...

I miss you, too, Jude!!!!!

Bee said...

Ooh, Casey!

Edna said...

She likes nerdy guys. Nice!

I love Deborah Ann Woll! Great choice. :)

Anonymous said...

It's really very complex in this busy life to listen news on TV, therefore I only use world wide web for that reason, and take the hottest information.

Feel free to visit my web page ... rmr calculator

Anonymous said...

e cigarette, electronic cigarettes, electronic cigarette, ecig forum, electronic cigarette, electronic cigarette starter kit

Aisyah Putri Setiawan said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Kanker Sumsum Tulang
Obat Penyakit Kolera
Penyakit Iritasi Lambung
Obat Alami Kista Bartholin
Obat Radang Usus Buntu Anak Tradisional
Obat Diare Untuk Ibu Menyusui
Obat Urine Berwarna Merah
Cara Menghilangkan Syaraf Kejepit
Pengobatan Ginjal Kotor
Pengobatan Polip Serviks Herbal

Jhh Hjh said...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.