Saturday, September 11, 2010

Launch Pics!

Tuesday night, my fabulous agent, Joanna Volpe, threw me a launch party in the FinePrint/Nancy Coffey Literary offices. I got to invite my closest friends in writing and publishing, and we celebrated with cupcakes, cherry soda, and a whole lot of free copies of THE DUFF!

And here, in this post, I will give you all the dirt on what happened at that party!

So the guest list included some of my dearest writing friends - some of whom flew over to NYC just to attend and celebrate! Other guests included some publishing folks that I know from my time in NYC. And then there was my team. My team showed up and made me proud! One of the best parts of the night was getting to celebrate with my editor, Kate (seen in pic) who has really helped me make this book so much better than I could have imagined.

The lovely Courtney Allison Moulton, author of ANGELFIRE (2011) flew up from Michigan to party with me. (I love this pic because, ironically, we didn't even mean to wear the same color!)

Leah Clifford (A TOUCH MORTAL, 2011) also came to celebrate (but I don't have any pictures with her! Damn it!) and we all had a great time.

But the award for traveling the farthest goes to Leila Austin, my YA Highway companion, who happened to be in NYC on vacation FROM NEW ZEALAND!! at the right time. Here are my, Leila, and Emilia Plater, also from YA Highway, posing at the party.

This was all fun, but I have to say. I think my favorite part was getting to meet my agent sister and long-time writer BFF Amy Lukavics. Amy and I have been talking and critiquing for over a year and half now, and this was our first time meeting in person. It was pretty freaking magical! Here are me, Amy, and our agent, Joanna, at the party. (Also, can I just say, I really want Joanna's dress!)

That's all of the pictures (well, I mean, there are more, but I don't have room on this blog to show ALL of them!). But here's some more of the scoop.

Also in attendance were Jen Hayley of the YA Rebels, writing friend Shana Silver, several members of the Poppy staff, agent Nancy Coffey, agent Suzie Townsend, agent Kathleen Ortiz, and a few other members of publishing awesomeness. Nancy Coffey and FinePrint interns, new and old, attended (I love these guys!) and my other agent sister, Shelby Bach, popped in too!

There were so many others there, and I apologize to anyone I left out! The party was so much bigger than I expected, and it was so great to see everyone there!

During the party, I made a short speech, thanking everyone for being so supportive and helping me to reach this point. It's so surreal to actually have a book on the shelf! And I wouldn't have acheived it without so many helpful and supportive people.

Then Joanna presented me with what might possibly have been the best gift ever.

Apparently, six months ago when ARCs of THE DUFF came out, Jo set one aside and began sending it around the country. It went to my agent siblings, my writing friends, some bloggers, and others that I've becoming friends with over the past year. Jo set up a traveling ARC tour, and all of the people on it signed the ARC, write me a short letter, and then preceeded to make notes in the text pointing out their favorite lines and scenes. It's so amazing and sweet!

So, to everyone who signed the ARC - there were so many of you - I want to say thanks. Not only am I so grateful, but I'm shocked! So many people knew about this and I had NO CLUE it was coming! Best gift ever, guys!

And that's basically the skinny on the launch.

I wish all of you could have been there! It was so fun! I'm still celebrating, so come celebrate with me here on the blog! Wooohooo!

14 comments:

Leilani @Leilani Loves Books said...

Wish I could have been there!

Remilda Graystone said...

It looked like lots of fun! Congratulations on everything! And the ARC gift does sound like the best gift ever.

Lisa Desrochers said...

First, a huge congrats! Second, I'm very jealous that you could be in NYC for your launch. Third, I so wish I could have been there to be jealous in person =) <3

♥ Dawn said...

Yay! Party!

squinto said...

That ARC gift sounds phenomenal. Wow. Wish I could have been there! That sounded like a bunch of fun.

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Awww that sounds amazing. Love the pics and recaps. You deserved to have such an awesome launch party! The Duff rocks!

Amy Lukavics said...

Kody I LOVE YOU! Finally getting to meet you in person was incredible- I can't wait for next time.

I'm so glad you love that ARC. I drew many an amusing picture in there.

<3

Char. said...

Congratulations! This is a stupendous accomplishment. Be proud! :DD

Claire Dawn said...

That present does sound awesome. Congrats, I just finished THE DUFF for the second time and LOVED it.

Stephanie said...

Congrats!!! Looks like such a fun time!!!! Just bought a digital copy of The Duff for my Sony Reader...it's on top of my virtual TBR pile!

Jamie Grey said...

Such a cool idea with the traveling Arc! Congrats on the launch - it looks like it was amazingly fun! I can't wait to read - my copy is waiting on my nightstand!

Mismikado said...

Congratulations on everything especially writing such an amazing book at such a young age! When I first heard about it a couple months ago, the title stopped me in my tracks because the topic of the DUFF occupied many conversation amongst my friends when we were 17... so ironic. We took to changing it to "Lizzy" b/c of the huge Hilary Duff craze that was taking place at the time :-/ Anywho, I don't even know you but I am so proud for you and I look forward to your next book! btw here's a little present for your blog http://mismikadodownthesidewalk.blogspot.com/2010/09/this-is-one-lovely-blog.html

Anonymous said...

could you have worn a more ill-fitting top? Congrats and all but love handles much......:(

Aisyah Putri Setiawan said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Kanker Sumsum Tulang
Obat Penyakit Kolera
Penyakit Iritasi Lambung
Obat Alami Kista Bartholin
Obat Radang Usus Buntu Anak Tradisional
Obat Diare Untuk Ibu Menyusui
Obat Urine Berwarna Merah
Cara Menghilangkan Syaraf Kejepit
Pengobatan Ginjal Kotor
Pengobatan Polip Serviks Herbal