Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I can finally tell you

about my next book!


Everyone's been asking what's next. Well, I can finally say!

My next book will be released in Fall 2011, and it's called LUSTSTRUCK. Here's what Publisher's Marketplace has to say about it:

Nineteen-year-old Duff author Kody Keplinger's LUSTSTRUCK, a contemporary reimagining of the Greek play "Lysistrata," that explores the issues of teen sexuality as high school senior Lissa decides it's time to end her school's ridiculous sports rivalry once and for all with a hook-up strike, to Kate Sullivan at Poppy, for publication in Fall 2011, by Joanna Volpe at Nancy Coffey Literary & Media Representation (World).


So, basically, it's about a 17 year old girl who gets together with the girlfriends of a bunch of these boys who partake in the pranks and hazing of a very silly rivalry. Together they all agree to cut their boys off from any sort of naughty activity until the rivalry ends. Humor ensues. But the strike also raises some questions of the "norms" of sexuality.

I read Lysistrata last year and thought "OMG, this would be awesome if it was set in modern times with teenagers." Well, the book turned in a slightly different direction, but "reimagining" is the right word. EEeeeek I can't wait to say more about it, but that's all for now. It's a fun story and I hope ya'll love it when it comes out next year!


As for A MIDSUMMER'S NIGHTMARE, which some of you may have seen up on Goodreads, it'll be out in Spring 2012. Woot!

15 comments:

Alex Mullarky said...

Oh my God, I have literally just been studying this. How weird! That's so exciting, it's such a good idea!

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

Congrats, Kody! Can't wait to read both:-)

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Just saw this at PM. Congrats!

Mia said...

I don't know where you get your ideas, but they are pure gold.

Phoebe said...

But the strike also raises some questions of the "norms" of sexuality

Yes! Awesome! Sounds great!!

Ms.Green said...

Two things...
1. Congrats on your second book title and the success of The Duff. I am prouder of you than you will ever know.

2. I am so glad that you read Lysistrata...I am super impressed with you right now!
Love from Kentucky,
Ms. Green

Ariana said...

This sounds AWESOME. Lysistrata is hilarious and I can't wait to read your spin on the story!

Monica said...

YAYAYAYAY!! Congrats Kody--I can't wait to read it! :)

deltay said...

Ooooh Lysistrata - definitely sounds like it'll be a fun read! Congrats :)

Danny said...

I just finished The DUFF and nI loved it so much! I can't wait to read your new book, I'm sure I'll love it as much!!

Anonymous said...

You are my hero. I cannot wait for your new books to come out!!!! I loovvveeeedddd The Duff and I wish I could write as well as you. Good luck with your new book (although you won't need it :))

- Yourfan

Katie said...

Love it! I read that in college, and wrote a short paper about it happening in modern times (think jocks and cheerleaders). Looking forward to reading this book!

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

I've been wondering about A Midsummer's Nightmare (Hi, I love A Midsummer Night's Dream. You had me at hello.) and totally missed this Luststruck thing! That is way impressive that you're reimagining a Ancient Greek Play. I love your writing, so I will be avidly following everything you write -- can't wait!!

Stephalicious said...

Can't wait to read this! Thanks for the update

Aisyah Putri Setiawan said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Gout
Obat Kelenjar Adrenal
Obat iritasi Mata
Obat Alergi
Menghilangkan Penyakit Gagal Jantung
Obat Herbal Aritmia Jantung
Tips Menghilangkan Batu Ginjal
Obat Kanker Usus Besar Herbal
Obat Kanker Paru Paru Yang Aman
Obat Campak Alami