Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy Dance!

So, this morning I got an email from my YA Highway blog-mate, Kaitin, that said, "Kody, why am I finding out about good news for THE DUFF on twitter?"


I had no freakin' clue what she was talking about.

So I hopped on twitter, and found a message from someone at Little Brown saying that THE DUFF had been selected as a YALSA (Young Adult Library Services Association, a division of the American Library Association) Quick Picks Top Ten!

I just got confirmation from the lovely Courtney Summers (whose fantastic novel, SOME GIRLS ARE also made the list) that I, indeed, made the Top Ten!!!

What is YALSA Quick Picks Top Ten?

Great question. I didn't know the answer to that until recently, but here's the scoop.

Every year, YALSA selects their Quick Picks For Reluctant Young Readers. This is a list of books that the voters at YALSA believe will attract the interest of those teens who don't like reading very much. They're books that, supposedly, even reluctant readers will read and enjoy. From that list, YALSA selects a top ten each year as well.

So, um...... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would share a link if I had one, but I don't. It should be up on ALA's site soon, though, if you are curious to see the other books on the list.

I'm over hear doing my happy dance! Good news to make an otherwise lazy day AWESOMETASTIC!!!

I love you guys so much! Peace, yo.

16 comments:

Mrs. DeRaps said...

Congrats! That is a huge deal...I know lots of teachers and librarians who scour YALSA Quick Pick lists for their young readers (b/c I am one of them)...Love your book and hope it sells a bazillion more copies!

Rachel Bateman said...

This is such great news! I am so excited for you. You totally deserve it - I have definitely recommended The DUFF to teenagers who aren't big readers, thinking they will devour it, so I agree with the list. :)

Kaitlin Ward said...

I LOVE that you're on this list, and I absolutely think you deserve it.

I also love that I alerted you to it--accidentally! :)

Jess said...

Congratulations! What a great surprise! :)

Tracey Neithercott said...

Congratulations! That's such great news!

Teenage Librarian said...

Congrats!

I actually just finished The DUFF today and came online to see what I could find out about you. :) I'm a librarian (public and middle school) and being on the YALSA Quick Pick List is awesome!

I really enjoyed your book and congrats again :)

Samanthajo_322 said...

Congrats Kody! That's amazing, I read the book, and can definitely see why it made the list! Congrats again! You deserve it!

Nickname unavailable said...

Kody, I was on the Quick Picks committee that chose The Duff for a top ten book. What you should know about the list is that it isn't just librarians who put the book on the list. Teens from all over the country read books that are nominated and then give us their feedback. It is their opinions that count the most! I can honestly say that teen girls who are not inclined to read, love this books and that is how your book and all the others made the list. I really liked your book and I know that my teens in New York City really liked the characters and "sexiness" of the book. Congratulations!

Parisa said...

congratulations Kody! That's awesome! I've really enjoyed reading your blog and hearing about your successes along the way, you are one talented person :)

Karen Peterson said...

I found your blog via another writer and I just had to come by and visit. If I didn't know you are 19, I would NEVER have guessed. Congratulations on your success. I'm going to have to pick up your book immediately.

Stephanie Faris said...

CONGRATS!

I just wanted to let you know I blogged about you today. I think your writing is amazing and I wanted to share with others.

http://stephie5741.blogspot.com/2011/01/published-at-eighteen.html

Madigan McGillicuddy said...

Congratulations! It's well-deserved. I just reviewed The DUFF on my blog, and I think it's 5 star material.
Have you gotten any book challenges yet? I know my library has this cataloged as "adult" -- as if teens aren't thinking or don't know about sex!

Anonymous said...

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

yay girlie!!!!! this is awesome news!

Nisha said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you. Especially since The DUFF is my absolute favorite book right now (and for the the past couple of months).

Aisyah Putri Setiawan said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Infeksi Rahim
Obat Migren Ibu Menyusui
Menghilangkan Iritasi Lambung
Cara Menghilangkan Kelenjar Payudara
Obat Untuk Menghilangkan Luka Kecelakaan Alami
Cara Menghilangkan Penyakit Mesothelioma
Obat Tumor Parotis
Maag Anak Tradisional
Obat Sindrom Ovarium Polikistik
Obat Adenomyosis