Friday, February 11, 2011

Oh So Behind

Hey peeps!


So remember that whole "I will blog twice a week thing!!!" thing?

I fail.

But here I am, and I think it's time for a little "where am I" catch up session.

So THE DUFF has been out for five months now! Wow, time passes fast. And I'm still getting in lovely reviews every day. It makes me so happy to wake up to a google alert linking to a book blogger who related to Bianca. I also have been loving some of the emails people have sent me about the book. You guys - you rock. Seriously, this is the best part.

LUSTSTRUCK advanced reader copies will be out in a month or two, which means I'm done editing it and have moved on to pass proofs. That's when I read the manuscript one last time and see if there are any final typos/corrections I want to make before the final book. I'm so excited for you guys to see this one! The cover is . . . FIERCE. Can't wait to share!

And now I've moved on to edits of A MIDSUMMER'S NIGHTMARE, which will be released as book three. Guys, I love this story. I wrote it before LUSTSTRUCK, but I let it sit for a while. And I'm glad I did. This book has been both wonderful and painful to work on, but I love it. I hope you feel the same way when it comes out next year.

And, amidst all of this (and homework), I just started a new book. I can't share details yet or anything, but it feels GREAT to have a new project in my hands.

And, one last announcement . . . I'm moving.

Guess where! Guess where!

N
Y
C
!!!!!

I'm transferring colleges (acceptance letters won't come until May, so not sure where just yet) and getting an apartment. I love Ithaca, don't get me wrong, but if this summer taught me one thing, it's how much I love the city. It's home to me, and I can't wait to move there and be there every day of my life.

So, that's a few updates from my ened!

What have you guys been up to?

12 comments:

Loretta Nyhan said...

Whaaa-Hooo! Kody in the City! I love it!

Can't wait to read Luststruck--it sounds fab!

Syki said...

Hi! I read your first book - The DUFF - and OMG! it was so awesome! Thank you for this book. I can't wait for the second and third book... and more to come. I like your style of writting. You write about thinks the way how they really are. It's a pitty I have to wait till fall for Luststruck. And congratulations on moving to NYC. I was there this summer and I absolutely love that city.

I think I'm your biggest fan from Czech Republic!

Mrs. DeRaps said...

Can't. Even. Wait.

Liz said...

Hey, can you let me know how to get an ARC of Luststruck? I have a book blog (booksithinkyoushouldread.blogspot.com) and I'd like to do a review on it :) thanks.

Kody Keplinger said...

Syki - so glad you enjoyed THE DUFF! Thank you!!!

Liz - I think there's a way to request ARCs from the publisher, but I'm not sure.

Caitlin R. O'Connell said...

YOU'RE LEAVING ME???? D:

Seriously, though, that's great! NYC is wonderful. And I can't wait to read your next book!!!

Karen Peterson said...

This post makes me realize what a terrible slacker I am.

And also that I really need to pick up your first book!

Amy Lukavics said...

LUSTSTRUCK ARC *hyperventilates*

adkfjas;dkflajd;fkjs;lkaj

Marsha Sigman said...

I read The Duff last night...in a few hours. I already liked you in theory (motivated teens can change the world) but now its a mix of holy shit/why couldn't I have written this?/I love her/Oh, god I'm so depressed/I wonder if I could adopt her?

Please do not be frightened.lol I love your writing, can't wait for the next book.

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOUR BOOK! THE DUFF TOTALLY EARN MY 5 STARS RATING IT HAS EVERYTHING THAT I HAD WANTED IN MY 'VACATION' BOOK. THE WHOLE JOURNEY THROUGH THE BOOK WAS FUN N LIGHT. JUZ WHAT I NEEDED TO KEEP MY SELF HAPPY DURING DIZ BORING -NOTHING-TO-DO HOLIDAY.

Ashley82 said...

Kody so excied that your book is coming out soon. They are addicting I can't put it down. You have a really different writing style and you are my favorite author.

Aisyah Putri Setiawan said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Obat Infeksi Rahim
Obat Migren Ibu Menyusui
Menghilangkan Iritasi Lambung
Cara Menghilangkan Kelenjar Payudara
Obat Untuk Menghilangkan Luka Kecelakaan Alami
Cara Menghilangkan Penyakit Mesothelioma
Obat Tumor Parotis
Maag Anak Tradisional
Obat Sindrom Ovarium Polikistik
Obat Adenomyosis