Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday: The Boy Next Door

Over at YA Highway, today's Road Trip Wednesday topic is: What literary character would you love to live next door to?


How could I resist?

It took a lot of thought to pick a character, because I had to narrow it down. First, I knew I wanted to live next to a boy. The better to creepily spy on you, my dear! I'll admit it, if I had a hot neighbor boy next door, I'd be a total stalker. Alas, I grew up in a small, rural town where I didn't have neighbors, and on the few occasions (I moved houses in the same town a lot) that I did, they were old. No fun!

So, my fantasy neighbor had to be a boy. A hot one.

Well, there a lot of hot boys in YA, so how do I pick? My next decision was that said hot boy had to be supernatural in some way. Because that way, while stalking of course, I might discover his secret super ability and then be "accidentally" plunged into his world of fantasy and fun! Muhahaha, I am laying my plan!

So I had to pick a hot supernatural boy to live next door to.

Still, there are so many, and my decision was so, so, so not easy.

I ended up choosing Ren from NIGHTSHADE by Andrea Cremer. Why? Well, that was my first instinct when I narrowed this group down, and lets's just be honest, the boy is hot.

Don't get me wrong, I have some issues with Ren, and if he lived next door to me, I'd have to put him in his place quite a bit. That alpha-male crap won't work on this girl. But somehow, I get the vibe Ren might find that intriguing. Who knows?

The perks of living next door to Ren? Um, the view for one thing. The guy is described as being gorgeous, and who doesn't want a gorgeous guy living a few yards away? Second, if I caught him shifting into wolf form, I could be all, "Whoa!" and he could be all, "You shouldn't have seen that," and I could be like "BUT I DID!!!" And then my life would change forever and we'd eventually end up falling in love or something with some scene where he throws pebbles up at my window or something. LET A GIRL DREAM.

So, to wrap this up, I would love to live next door to Ren from Nightshade.

Who do you want to live next door to? Tell us on your blog or on the comments over at YA Highway! (yahighway.com) - we'd love to know!

7 comments:

Tracey Neithercott said...

Ha ha! Yes, the only way to have a relationship with a supernatural guy is to discover their secret. If he tells you, he's not The One.

I picked the Weasleys because A. they're crazy fun and B. they'd take care of me when I was hungry but didn't feel like cooking.

Alison Miller said...

Interesting choice! I couldn't narrow my choices down - so I chose four. :)

Jessica Gaither was one of my dream neighbors, btw. Love her!

Ellen said...

IIIII... have not read this book. It sounds like I should add it to the list... :)

Kaitlin Ward said...

Ren obviously likes to be challenged, or he wouldn't like Calla so much. You will sweep him off his alpha male feet ;)

Leila Austin said...

I definitely have to read Nightshade! And I very much like your plan :-)

Ren sounds completely hot. And I love that you wouldn't let him get all alpha male on you. Go Kody!

Starry Eyed Wonder said...

I have this book sitting in the backseat of my car unread. Now, I will definitely make the effort to read it before I have to turn it back into the library!

Aisyah Putri Setiawan said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Cara Untuk Mencegah Penuaan Dini
Awas Gusi Bengkak Sering Menyerang Ibu Hamil
Hal Ini Dapat Membuat Pria Tahan Lama Diatas Ranjang
Waspada Seks Di Usia Dini Bisa Sebabkan Kanker Rahim
Jenis Daging Yang Dilarang Bagi Penderita Kanker Mulut
Cara Menghilangkan Pilek Menahun
Jawaban Tingkatkan Sistem Rujuk Balik BPJS Bagi Masyarakat
Macam Macam Kandungan Yang Ada Di Dalam Daun Pepaya
Jika Dibiarkan Insomnia Akan Jadi Penyakit
Ini Dia Gejala Yang Bisa Ditimbulkan Penyakit Kolesterol