Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday: Theme Songs


So this week's RTW (via YAHighway.com) deals with songs. So, we were asked to pick a song that sums up either something we are writing/have written OR a song that sums up one of our favorite books. I decided to do one song for all 3 of my book - THE DUFF, the upcoming SHUT OUT, and the book I am editing, A MIDSUMMER'S NIGHTMARE (out next spring). So lets get started!

So, I've talked kind of . . . a lot, about how The Veronica's song "I Can't Stay Away" inspired the entire plot of THE DUFF. So I wanted to do a different song today.

For THE DUFF I picked "Stay" by Safetysuit. For anyone who has read the book, this is a theme song more for the second half of the book mostly from Wesley's POV. <3






I haven't posted my playlist for SHUT OUT yet, but it's coming. And "One Girl Revolution" by Saving Jane is basically the entire book's theme song. LOVE THIS SONG!!!



And, finally, A MIDSUMMER'S NIGHTMARE. I haven't talked much about what this book is about, and I don't want to give anything away so soon. But Iwill tell you that the main character is he kind of girl who refuses to listen to music that came after 1999. She likes it retro, and I think she'd approve of this song choice.

"Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper fits the romance in A MIDSUMMER'S NIGHTMARE in a lot of ways. The verses fit the main character's point of view and the chorus fits the love interest's POV. That's all I will say, though. It's a lot more complicated than most of my romances, but you'll just have to wait and see why.



11 comments:

readingwiththefishes said...

I absolutely adore Cyndi Lauper. You made my day! :)

Aryelle @ ReadingwiththeFishes

Tracey Neithercott said...

I love "Stay."

Funny enough, I picked a song for THE DUFF for my RTW. :)

I just finished it the other day and thought it was great.

Tammy said...

I love One Girl Revolution. That whole CD is amazing actually. Now I'm even more excited to read Shut Out!

Alison Miller said...

Ah - Cyndi Lauper. Love her. Love that song. As if your title didn't have me at hello - now I really want to read Midsummer's Nightmare.

The Romance Bookie said...

Oh my God!! I LOVE CYNDI!!! I saw her in concert last August for her Memphis Blues tour, and let just tell you, She still has it going on! Amazing!

"Time After Time" is such a classic. But has anyone heard "All Through the Night"? That's a great song! I grew up on that one! Even though I am a 1991 baby :), my parents are both totally 80's teens :)

KO: The Insect Collector said...

Time after Time is TIMELESS!!! love it

Chelsey said...

PLEASE tell me A Midsummer's Nightmare is in some way related to A Midsummer Night's Dream. That is my favorite play and has been since I was twelve!

Liz Czukas said...

Oh man, Cyndi Lauper still makes me all swoony! Great song selections! And now I want to read all your books, like, um...NOW.

- Liz

Linda said...

I love Cyndi Lauper :)

Aisyah Putri Setiawan said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Kuat Dan Tahan Lama Lelaki
Beberapa Jenis Yoga Yang Dapat Menurunkan Berat Badan
Cara Memilih Masker Yang Tepat Sesuai Dengan Kulit Wajah
Rahasia Tubuh Sehat Dan Bugar Setiap Hari
Teh Herbal Pelangsing Untuk Menurunkan Berat Badan
Obat Herbal Untuk Pembentukan Tualng
Obat Alami Penyempitan Tenggorokan
Obat Kelenjar Ludah Yang Membengkak
Obat Tradisional Untuk Menghilangkan Benjolan Di Leher
Obat Herbal Untuk Menyembuhkan Insomnia
Waspada Penyakit Infeksi Lambung Saat Mudik

Aisyah Putri Setiawan said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Kuat Dan Tahan Lama Lelaki
Beberapa Jenis Yoga Yang Dapat Menurunkan Berat Badan
Cara Memilih Masker Yang Tepat Sesuai Dengan Kulit Wajah
Rahasia Tubuh Sehat Dan Bugar Setiap Hari
Teh Herbal Pelangsing Untuk Menurunkan Berat Badan
Obat Herbal Untuk Pembentukan Tualng
Obat Alami Penyempitan Tenggorokan
Obat Kelenjar Ludah Yang Membengkak
Obat Tradisional Untuk Menghilangkan Benjolan Di Leher
Obat Herbal Untuk Menyembuhkan Insomnia
Waspada Penyakit Infeksi Lambung Saat Mudik