Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blogging Fail, but I'm back!

Hello lovelies!


So I know I've been a bit of an epic blogging fail lately. Mostly its because of moving and getting settled into my new apartment. Mix that with writing non-stop and prepping for SHUT OUT's release in September, and you have one crazy/exhausting summer ahead. But I know I've been neglectful of the blog, and I'm vowing here and now to fix that.

But first, let's give a few updates, shall we?

SHUT OUT is out this September. There's a cool widget Kari over at A Good Addiction made me on the sidebar if you'd like to snag it. Thus far, the response has been pretty good! BEA and ALA goers got to get copies from giant piles of ARCs provided by Little Brown. I did a lot of signing at BEA, too, so that was fun! And reviews are starting to appear! Now, if you aren't a conference-goer, no worries. I already gave away 2 SHUT OUT copies here on the blog (speaking of which, DANI!!! Please email me your address at kodykeplinger@gmail.com so I can get that book to you!) and I'll be giving away more. Actually, I just started a goodreads giveaway I linked at the top of this page, so check that out.

In other bookish news, I just got my first pass proofs of my third novel, A MIDSUMMER'S NIGHTMARE today. Now, I don't mean to play favorites *covers THE DUFF and SHUT OUT's ears* but this book is my favorite thing I've written. Shhhh. Don't let hte others know!

But seriously, I LOVE this book. The main character is just so complicated and I adore her so much. For those who don't know, pass proofs are the final editing step, just checking for last minute typos. So I'm a little sad to be nearly done with this novel. But that does man its close to time for you guys to read it! AMN should be out next Spring. Once I have a release date, I'll let you know!

And, in the meantime, I'm working on some other secret things. I just started one project that I'm about 40k into, and I'm LOVING it! But it's a lot different from anything I've written, so it's also nerve-wracking. Which means that, for now, i"m writing it just for me. And hopefully, way down the road, I can share it with all of you guys. <3

In non-bookish news, I'M A NEW YORKER!!! Yep, yep. I have a great aparment that I've been living in for just over a month now, and its amazing! It's a lot bigger than any place I ever expected to get in NYC, and its wayyyy uptown, so it takes me a little longer to get places, but that's okay. So worth it! And I have a fun, cool roommate to boot!

And now that I've shared what's up with me, waht's going on with you guys? Any new cool things happening?

4 comments:

Riley Redgate said...

Wow, I've got more to look forward to next spring than graduation, apparently! =] Shakespeare + Kody Keplinger = possibly too much win for one piece of literature.

NEW YORK ACK. Mark me down as incredibly jealous (though if I lived there I'd be shopping all the time instead of writing...).

Off to stalk Shut Out on Goodreads!

chasing empty pavements said...

I am incredibly inspired by you! When I talk to my friends and family about how I want my writing career to go, I point out you and all that you've accomplished! Loved DUFF and can't wait to read Shut Out! Congrats on everything you've achieved!

ZoeRainDasher said...

Ha! Thanks for letting us in on your third book! Sounds really Shakespear-ey!

Aisyah Putri Setiawan said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Bercak Putih Di Bagian Mulut Bisa Jadi Gejala Kanker Mulut
Beberapa Penyebab Yang Menyebabkan Anak Terkena Asma
Obat Penambah Gairah Untuk Pria
Obat Untuk Menurunkan Serum Kolesterol
Atasi Komedo Anda Dengan Masker Putih Telur
Obat Untuk Merangsang Dan Mengaktifkan Saraf
Obat Radang Gusi Bengkak
Obat Penyakit HSP Herbal
Tips Untuk Menyehatkan Dan Menyegarkan Tubuh Secara Alami
Waspada Polip Bisa Jadi Tanda Awal Penyakit Kanker