Saturday, August 27, 2011

Shut Out Trailer - Teaser Day 2 - The Pact!


So yesterday I introduced you to Lissa, the main character from SHUT OUT. And in the photo from the book trailer you saw, she was holding an issue of Cosmo. Why you ask? Well, today i'm giving you another sneak peak excerpt from the book, and it might answer your question!

So here we go. An excerpt from SHUT OUT:

“We need to make a pact or something,” Chloe said. “Like, an oath. We need to swear to abstain from all sexual activities.”

“What do we swear on?” Susan asked. “The Bible?”

That’s kind of inappropriate,” I managed to joke. “Considering what we’re swearing about and all.”

“Here.” Ellen placed her backpack on the table and unzipped it. After a few seconds of digging, she pulled out a new issue of Cosmo and tossed it onto the table. “It’s the sex-tips issue. Includes a nice list of all the things we can’t do. We can swear on it.”

Chloe picked up the magazine. “Sweet,” she said, flipping through the pages. She paused and visibly cringed. “Ugh. No, don’t try that. Trust me, not as great as it sounds.”

I grabbed the magazine from Chloe, half wondering and half afraid to see what she was talking about. I held it up for everyone to see. “Okay,” I said. “So we’ll all take a vow. I’ll lay out the rules, and if you agree, you put your hand on the magazine and say, ‘I do.’ Got it?”

Most of the girls nodded.

I placed the magazine on the table, putting my hand over the model’s face on the cover. “I hereby swear to abstain from all forms of sexual activity. This includes but is not limited to anything involving body parts below the belt. That’s either party’s belt. Oh, and second base is outlawed, too. Nothing, um, under the shirt.” I forced myself to continue, despite the way this speech made my face heat up. “I’ll stand my ground, even in the toughest of times, and will resist temptation until the rivalry is put to an end.”




So that's where the Cosmo came from!

And once again, that's not all! VLC Photo and I are doing another print giveaway! Below is one of the screenshots from the "pact scene" in the trailer (and in case you are wondering, those arms belong to the character of Susan!) and we'll be tweeting more Pact related shots throughout the day. So be sure and follow me, @VLC_Photo, and the #ShutOutTrailer hashtag.



Today, to win a print (signed by me!) here's what you do:

Just tweet the name of a celebrity or fictional character you'd have trouble keeping that oath with and tag me (@Kody_Keplinger) and @VLC_Photo in the tweet. Be sure and use the #ShutOutTrailer hashtag!

And don't forget, the trailer will premier this upcoming Friday, and we'll be hosting one BIG giveaway with signed books, ARCs, swag, and other goodies, so stay tuned!