Thursday, September 1, 2011

Stars Are Sweet

So yesterday I told you why libraries are sexy and gave you the link to the special bonus clip from the Shut Out trailer shoot. I also filled you in a little on Cash and Lissa's rather . . . interesting relationship. Well, today's excerpt - the last of the teasers - might explain a little bit why.

So you know that Lissa is dating Randy, that Randy hates Cash, and that Lissa and Cash have a history and some undeniable chemistry - a chemistry that threatens Lissa's sex strike plans. But what was their history? Well, there was a night at a party . . . a night even Randy doesn't know about. While Cash and Lissa, neither big on the partying scene, were sitting outside on the back porch, waiting for their friends to get partied out . . . this happened.

Before I could move, he turned to face me again, freezing me on the spot with his gorgeous eyes. “Have you ever played the Star Game?”

I just blinked at him.

Cash’s cheeks turned just the slightest bit red before he elaborated. “You have to be here because of your friend, and I’m driving home guys who won’t want to leave until the keg is empty. We’re going to be out here a while, so we might as well find some way to entertain ourselves, you know? So, have you ever played the Star Game?”

“What’s the Star Game?” I asked.

“Well . . . technically, it’s this thing I saw Russell Crowe do in a movie once, but I just kind of turned it into a way to pass the time.” He looked up at the sky, which had now become dark enough to make out the vast number of summer stars. “Okay, pick a shape,” he said.

“A . . . what are we doing?”

“You’re picking a shape,” he said. “Anything. It could even be an object. Or an animal, but sometimes those are harder.”

“Cash, I don’t—”

“Just pick one.”

“Fine. A triangle.”

He sighed. “That is way too easy.” Then, without warning, he reached between us and picked up my hand. I was startled, and I almost pulled back, but then our eyes met.

“Relax,” he said.

And, for once, I did.

His fingers were warm and callused against mine. He uncoiled my hand and gently forced me to extend my index finger. He made me point to a cluster of stars over our heads, and I watched as he drew a triangle with my finger, using three stars as the points. “See? That’s the Star Game.”

“Oh,” I said. “Wow . . . a triangle was too easy.”

“Your turn,” he said. “I tell you a shape and you have to find it in the stars.”

I admit, the game was kind of cheesy, but I thought it was sweet of him to try to entertain me when I was so clearly having a bad night. So I played along.

“All right, what shape?”

“An elephant.”

“Are you joking?” I cried. “You said animals were the hardest. You can’t give me an elephant.”

“That’s what makes it a game,” Cash teased, grinning and looking at me out of the corner of his eye. “The first person unable to piece together the image loses. I like winning. So I give you an elephant.”

“Jerk.”

“Clock’s ticking.”

“There’s a time limit, too?” I asked, panicked.

“No,” he laughed. “Now I’m really just messing with you.”



But that's not all. Want to know what happens next? Want to see WHY Randy doesn't know about that night? You can find out tonight at 6pm EST when we'll premier the second bonus scene, a video teaser that picks up near where this scene leaves off. It's not as sexy as yesterday's scene, but a little more on the sweet side. And full of stars!

So that premiers at 6pm. In the meantime, all day today you can tweet #ShutOutTrailer for a chance to win a photo print from the shoot AND an ARC of SHUT OUT (thanks to my generous editor!) Tweet whatever you want. Tweet as much as you want. You could win!

I'll link today's bonus video tonight on twitter, facebook, and this blog post. So stay tuned!

And tomorrow . . . TOMORROW THE FULL TRAILER WILL PREMIER!!!! And I'll be launching a BIG giveaway with swag, books, and other goodies! Trust me, you want to keep your eyes peeled!

UPDATE

Here's the bonus scene that picks up where the excerpt leaves off! It's super sweet!

3 comments:

The Romance Bookie said...

I'm so excited to see the book trailer!! The book was SOOOO good! I started yesterday afternoon and finished this morning! Could NOT put it down! It was really difficult just going to bed! lol Now I'm already looking forward to "Midsummer's Nightmare" ^^

Anonymous said...

Aww! That's a great scene! The movie with Russell Crowe is A Beautiful Mind right?

Aisyah Putri Setiawan said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Wanita Yang Biasanya Terkena Kanker Rahim
Cara Mengobati Gusi Bengkak Secara Alami
Obat Penghilang Penyakit Diabetes Melitus Tradisional
Cara Mengatasi Batuk Pada Anak Yang Tak Kunjung Sembuh
Obat Alami Penghilang Flu Untuk Ibu Hamil
Cara Menghilangkan Wasir Pada Ibu Hamil
Awas Bakteri Buruk Dalam Mulut Dapat Sebabkan Tumor Bibir
Khasiat Yang Ada Di Dalam Buah Markisa Bagi Kesehatan
Obat Batuk Untuk Anak Di Atas 3 Tahun
Nutrisi Agar Bayi Cerdas Sejak Ada Di Dalam Kandungan