The other night my roommate's and I sat down to write our New Year's Resolutions. I've never been a resolution maker - I guess you could say I'm the cynical type who scoffs at everyone's insistance that they "WILL lose 10 pounds!" I'd seen too many people fail at resoultions, and I didn't want to fail myself. So I just never made any.
Sunday, January 1, 2012
But this year I changed my tune. There are some things in my life I want to change, and it dawned on me a few weeks ago that those things would never change if I didn't make the effort to change them - not next week, not later, not tomorrow. Now. It's my life, and I should be in control of it, right?
So I made a list of resolutions, and I wanted to share them with you as maybe a little bit of inspiration. Some of the goals I made for myself are easier than others, but they are all in my control. So this year - 2012 - is going to be a year of great change for me.
So here's my list:
1. Write 2 first drafts of novels this year.
2. Over come some of my social fears. This isn't high school anymore. I'm not the geeky kid no one wants to be friends with. I shouldn't be afraid to approach new people with confidence.
3. Become a vegan/cook more often/eat less takeout.
4. Learn the subway better and take taxis less. (aka - save money)
5. Stop thinking in terms of "can't." Some things in life are challenging, but there is nothing I "can't" do. Don't let the fear of failure stop me from living my life.
6. Read more.
Looking at that list, I realize I should add a seventh goal - blog more. I have no excuses for why I haven't been blogging aside from worrying that I can't blog about anything interesting. But I CAN (no more can't! no more can't!) so I will. So . . .
7. Blog at least once a week for ALL of 2012.
All right! That's my list. A new year, a new Kody Keplinger. I am going to make this year better than any other. (That way, if the Mayans are right and the world ends, I ended on a high note!)
So what about you? Do you make resolutions? Are you making any this year? Let me know!
Posted by Kody Keplinger at 12:11 PM