Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year, A New Me

The other night my roommate's and I sat down to write our New Year's Resolutions. I've never been a resolution maker - I guess you could say I'm the cynical type who scoffs at everyone's insistance that they "WILL lose 10 pounds!" I'd seen too many people fail at resoultions, and I didn't want to fail myself. So I just never made any.


But this year I changed my tune. There are some things in my life I want to change, and it dawned on me a few weeks ago that those things would never change if I didn't make the effort to change them - not next week, not later, not tomorrow. Now. It's my life, and I should be in control of it, right?

So I made a list of resolutions, and I wanted to share them with you as maybe a little bit of inspiration. Some of the goals I made for myself are easier than others, but they are all in my control. So this year - 2012 - is going to be a year of great change for me.

So here's my list:

1. Write 2 first drafts of novels this year.
2. Over come some of my social fears. This isn't high school anymore. I'm not the geeky kid no one wants to be friends with. I shouldn't be afraid to approach new people with confidence.
3. Become a vegan/cook more often/eat less takeout.
4. Learn the subway better and take taxis less. (aka - save money)
5. Stop thinking in terms of "can't." Some things in life are challenging, but there is nothing I "can't" do. Don't let the fear of failure stop me from living my life.
6. Read more.


Looking at that list, I realize I should add a seventh goal - blog more. I have no excuses for why I haven't been blogging aside from worrying that I can't blog about anything interesting. But I CAN (no more can't! no more can't!) so I will. So . . .

7. Blog at least once a week for ALL of 2012.


All right! That's my list. A new year, a new Kody Keplinger. I am going to make this year better than any other. (That way, if the Mayans are right and the world ends, I ended on a high note!)

So what about you? Do you make resolutions? Are you making any this year? Let me know!

8 comments:

Tamara said...

One of mine this year is to finish one of my novels :)

The Romance Bookie said...

Love it!! Number 1 is probably my absolute favorite :)!

I definitely set goals for myself every year, it's very rewarding when you are able to accomplish something you're working towards.

One of my goals is to read more than I did last year :).

Shelby Bach said...

Ms. Kody Keplinger, I adore you. AND I've read all your (published) books. I just thought you should know.

Also, on the resolution front, I plan share some of yours: #2, #5, and #7.

P.S. The subway is a terrifying beast, but it gets easier with practice...and Hop Stop. Five months after moving to New York (way back in 2008 - yikes), I still didn't know how to get home from the West Side. One of my coworker friends came with me on the Q, and apparently, I kept asking, "Is this my stop? Is this my stop?" like a five year old on a road trip. She still teases me about it sometimes, but after that, I figured out which one was my stop ON MY OWN. \o/ :-P

Alexis Bass Writes said...

Eating less take-out is one of mine too. It's just so delicious and convenient! That will be a difficult one to break...Good Luck and Happy Writing!

Boriquaz said...

I never make resolutions, but yours are really good. Good Luck with them all! Especially the blogging weekly, just let it spill out I'm sure anything you say will be great! Happy New year!

Mari Adkins said...

i'm also doing the new year, new me thing.

Coryuooa said...

Download32 is source for pen voice recorders shareware, freeware download - Pop! , PocketTalk Enterprise Pro , Voice Tracker , Voice Recorder with Encryption , AV Voice Changer Gold, etc. Olympus LS100 Linear Digital Audio Recorder (linear recorder). 4GB Voice Recorder with. The Toshiba R420 DVD Recorder is the perfect companion for your digital video recorder. But what sets this apart from all the other recorders; what makes this the Ultimate Digital Voice Recorder is the finger-sized remote microphone.

Aisyah Putri Setiawan said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Wanita Yang Biasanya Terkena Kanker Rahim
Cara Mengobati Gusi Bengkak Secara Alami
Obat Penghilang Penyakit Diabetes Melitus Tradisional
Cara Mengatasi Batuk Pada Anak Yang Tak Kunjung Sembuh
Obat Alami Penghilang Flu Untuk Ibu Hamil
Cara Menghilangkan Wasir Pada Ibu Hamil
Awas Bakteri Buruk Dalam Mulut Dapat Sebabkan Tumor Bibir
Khasiat Yang Ada Di Dalam Buah Markisa Bagi Kesehatan
Obat Batuk Untuk Anak Di Atas 3 Tahun
Nutrisi Agar Bayi Cerdas Sejak Ada Di Dalam Kandungan