Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Midsummer's Nightmare - The Soundtrack(s)

If you've been a follower of this blog for long, you know that I'm one of those authors who makes playlists for every book she writes. I tend to make a long list, then I trip it down and rearrange it so that the songs match the mood/feel of the book or what a specific character is going through.


My third book, A MIDSUMMER'S NIGHTMARE, is out 2 months from now, and last night I finally mapped out it's playlist. Well . . . playlists. Yes, plural. It has more than one because Whitley (the main character) has a very specific taste in music. She refuses to listen to anything released after 1999. So there are two playlists for the book - a playlist comprised of songs Whitley would approve of/listen to, and a playlist of songs that just, to me, fit the characters and the story, even if Whitley would scoff and roll her eyes at my choices.

So today I'm going to share one of the playlists with you, and I'll share the other next week. Then I thought, in the weeks to come, I might pick a few songs from the playlists and explain why those inspired the story or reminded me of it. Sound good?

So first, here's playlist number one - Whitley's list. (Lot's of vintage tunes up in here!) Enjoy!





Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

3 comments:

The Romance Bookie said...

I love the whole 80s feel of this playlist!
Bananarama!! Heart!! Roxette!! Joan Jett (she is actually going to be in concert with the Blackhearts this summer in my town!!)!! AWESOME Playlist!!

I LOVE the 80s music! :)

Rockie said...

I love your playlist so much! I can't wait to see what's the playlist coming next week. <3



*~` rockiesway.blogspot.com `~*

Aisyah Putri Setiawan said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Cegah Penyakit Diabetes Dengan Jalan Kaki Selama Dua Menit
10 Jenis Makanan Dan Minuman Pencegah Kanker Rahim
Awas Gusi Bengkak Sering Menyerang Ibu Hamil
Cara Menghilangkan Tumor Parotis
Khasiat Yang Ada Di Dalam Quinoa Bagi Kesehatan Tubuh
Waktu Yang Baik Untuk Mengecek Kolesterol
Kandungan Dan Manfaat Di Dalam Mentimun Bagi Kesehatan Tubuh
Cara Mengobati TBC Kelenjar Getah Bening
Obat Syaraf Kejepit Di Bagian Leher
Cara Memutihkan Kulit Leher Bagian Belakang